“Reimagine the possibilities” at Johnson and Johnson Global Finance! We live this motto every day by creating game-changing business solutions for the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company.
As a member of our Global Finance team, you will have exclusive access to a network of financial professionals located in over 60 countries. This new network will help you build on your current skills and explore opportunities to grow your career in J&J.
At J&J Global Finance, we value ideas for innovation and improvement and are committed to diversity and inclusion. Together we will reimagine business processes to become more effective, more efficient, and improve customer experience. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
Our Global Services Finance team is growing, and we are looking for people with strong accounting and finance backgrounds. The Global Services Finance organization provides best-in-class, cost-effective financial services, and compliance—in a J&J way—to our Operating Companies around the world.
The finance and accounting team is responsible for the complete and accurate accounting for all the General process flows for the Balance Sheet and Income Statement. This role will provide exposure to different accounting processes within J&J and the opportunity to observe various teams as part of the onboarding. We look forward to working with strong individuals who are agile in learning new processes and adaptable to varying business needs.
Qualifications - External
Be compliant with applicable laws and regulations, and follow guidelines in the J&J Credo
Maintain Operational Excellence
- Timely closing & execution of financial periods as per closing calendar and in accordance with SLA commitments, fully observing Compliance, Internal Audit & SOX requirements.
- Accountable for completeness, accuracy, and validity of the actuals reported within process/entity scope.
- Deep expertise, fully knowledgeable of the Worldwide Procedures and compliance requirements for respective areas.
- Regular focus on Balance Sheet reconciliations to minimize open items.
- On-the-job training for new team members / BPO partners.
- Support auditors and legal authorities with the execution of required activities.
- Understand, adhere to, and execute worldwide policies and procedures. Identify compliance risks and recommend solutions.
- Ensure strong internal controls are in place, in order to achieve “adequate” internal and external audit ratings.
- Talent Management
- Recruit, onboard, and training of new joiners
- Be a Trusted Business Partner
- Execute global Strategy & Solutions in line with taxonomy.
- Support Process Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Operational Key Contacts (OKCs) to ensure cross-sector, cross-region, and cross process alignment, ensuring good documentation is maintained and consistency of a global approach.
- Create Game-Changing Innovation
- Generate ideas, fosters, and implement a continuous improvement mindset, identifying and pursuing process efficiency opportunities.
- Execute process improvements, generating ideas and implementing them in line with global standards.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s level degree or equivalent is required, preferably in accounting, finance, or related business discipline.
- CPA, CMA, MBA, and/or other financial certifications is preferred.
- At least 2-4 years of professional experience is required.
- Learning agility and adaptability to different business requirements. These competencies are critical as this role will initially be part of the finance & accounting team’s pool of flex talent during onboarding, to be deployed to the permanent position once readiness criteria are met and the role has been identified.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Be open to new ideas, rapid change, and embracing new technologies.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Experience in a Shared Service Centre of a multinational corporation or BPO.
- Experience in Global Accounting for a large multi-state company.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and fluid situations, demonstrating a pragmatic approach.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities, be very organized and work efficiently to tight deadlines.
- Solid US GAAP accounting knowledge.
- Digital/ intelligent automation capabilities.
- This position will require up to 0-5% % international travel.
- Proficient in ERP systems (SAP preferred) and MS Office in particular Excel.
- Candidates may be asked to work shifts to align with global assignments in the Americas / EMEA / Asia.
- Lead/Participate in other Regional/Global/Cross-functional duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Fluent English, other language skills desirable.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.