d the most complex diseases around the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for our MedTech and innovative health products. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The leader will be a part of the MedTech Supply Chain Digital & Business Transformation (DBT) organization and will have responsibility for portfolio governance, demand management, and project delivery for the entire DBT portfolio. This will be a strategic role, setting the plan for prioritizing initiatives and aligning them to DBT’s vision, available resources, annual goals, and organizational metrics.
The successful candidate must be able to engage and operate with program and operations teams at an execution level, as well as with senior leadership at a strategic level. They will leverage complex value, demand, resource, and project management tools to drive the DBT team towards a holistic portfolio. They will develop and use specific tools and methods to measure the value of ongoing initiatives to improve the portfolio and inform difficult prioritization decisions.
• Portfolio Governance: Manage the process to approve DBT initiatives, including the definition of the initiative approval process (https://e.g., aligning on approval timeline, creating a forum for approvals, etc.) and the cascade of governance process and outcomes. Establish and chair a governance board that will lead this initiative approval process. Build and share a set of criteria for demand intake and management, including the business case, resource management, and intake cadence. Understand budget details and previous years’ spending, drive yearly budget allocation, and align on budget with key approvers. Track towards annual goals, and on a quarterly basis, read out progress to the governance committee.
• Demand Intake and Management: Set the processes and strategy for receiving, triaging, and beginning to execute on demand in an ongoing fashion. Communicate with requestors frequently to plan for upcoming demand and gain a holistic view of the demand pipeline. Continuously improve the demand intake and management processes, meeting with customers regularly to assess if priority needs are met.
• Demand Prioritization: Develop a tactical prioritization framework for the portfolio to manage conflicting priorities among functions and stakeholders throughout MedTech Supply Chain. Work with the Strategic Planning and Program Operations Leader to build an all-encompassing portfolio aligned to MedTech Supply Chain’s strategic priorities, including S4 initiatives and non-S4 priorities within data, digital transformation, and more.
• Resource Management: Plan for the allocation of resources across the portfolio considering prioritization, budget, and resource availability. Work closely with project teams and the Strategy & Operations Head to understand budget, resource needs, and resource expectations.
• Portfolio Management: Manage and deliver against the MedTech Supply Chain DBT portfolio strategy to enhance business value and allow for appropriate resource allocation. Ruthlessly prioritize business initiatives based on true business need and value to MedTech Supply Chain. Make difficult trade-off decisions with budget and resource considerations, aligning initiatives to DBT’s established priorities and goals. Develop and track methodologies for measuring value derived from initiatives, and appropriately communicate value realization to leadership.
• Project Planning and Scoping: Establish processes, tools, and relationships that allow direct reports to lead end-to-end efforts to scope, develop, and manage project plans / schedules / deliverables. Set governance to ensure project timelines and financial health are appropriately managed throughout project lifecycles.
• Project Delivery Management: Build working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to help direct reports engage with these stakeholders to manage project delivery and deploy corrective actions to mitigate risks when requirements are not met. Define value realization criteria and guidelines to support team members in tracking against the business case of each initiative in the portfolio via reporting.
• Portfolio Communication: Partner with the Strategic Engagement Leader to deliver portfolio communications using data and storytelling to describe the portfolio and its business impact to leadership.
• Risk Identification, Management, and Mitigation: Set standardized governance for the identification and escalation of risks as appropriate throughout the DBT portfolio. Lead teams in managing and mitigating risks. Influence others in MedTech Supply Chain to support DBT in the process of resolving of risks.
• Great Place to Work: Establish & maintain a globally inclusive, diverse, and equitable work environment for the MedTech DBT organization, and inspire, motivate, and empower talent to, as well. Recruit, develop, and empower talent in support of maintaining the MedTech DBT organization’s position as a career destination of choice. Support the professional growth of direct reports by proactively helping them to identify development opportunities. Mentor and develop in direct team members and ensure the success of all cross-disciplinary teams supporting projects.