Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Regional Government Accounts for the Strategic Customer Group (SCG). This position can be field based or located in Titusville, New Jersey.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems’ Strategic Customer Group has created a commercial team to be deployed against the nation’s largest, most influential Regional Commercial Payers and PBMs, the State Medicaid channel and the Federal channel (VA, DoD, TriCare and IHS). The goal is to align Janssen’s capabilities towards these key channels and accounts to ensure patient access for our current portfolio of products and future products while supporting and partnering for better healthcare for the patients we serve. The below job description applies to the Senior Director, Regional and Government Accounts position.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Leads Janssen’s engagement model with the nation’s diverse Regional Commercial Payers and PBMs, the State Medicaid channel, and the Federal channel to align capabilities for long-term business-to-business partnerships; focused on building and leveraging the product access and key customer relationships
- Maintains a 3 to 5-year time horizon focus
- Responsible for all strategic access positions, incremental profitable revenue growth, GTN optimization and return on contract; acts compliantly maximize relationships across the diverse commercial and government channels of responsibility
- Develops and executes portfolio strategies in collaboration with internal partners; compliantly advocates for resources to support business to business solutions; serves as a change agent internally and with external customers
- Maintains deep understanding of the healthcare ecosystem across commercial and government businesses and evolving external marketplace; focuses on removing obstacles to advancing business objectives, planning for future success; demonstrates ability to maneuver through conflict and ambiguity
- Integrally involved in franchise and channel specific business planning, future market access planning, channel strategy development, and product launches
- People/Team orientation - Secures and develops a team for high performance within the government and commercial accounts and focuses on current and future talent in alignment with our Credo, focused on experiential depth of development for the organization; continuously focused on team and department skill development
- Key internal audience: V.P Strategic Account Management (SAM), SCG’s Chief Strategic Customer Officer, Value Access & Pricing Senior Leadership for therapeutic areas, Brand Marketing, and SCG and SAM LT leaders.
- Reports to Vice President, Strategic Account Management within the Strategic Customer Group
- Business Insight and Planning: Integrates understanding of Janssen portfolio (along with J&J products, services, and therapeutic areas) with voice-of-customer (VOC) insight to develop and execute account and channel specific strategies
- Analytics and Insight: Leverages complex business, customer, and financial metrics and data to generate insights to drive fact-based decision making to help shape strategy and establish both J&J and Janssen SCG as a healthcare partner of choice.
- Contracting: Leverages an understanding of the regulatory, legal, and compliance elements of contracting across commercial health plans and government payers to translate brand strategies and customer needs into innovative, scalable, and compliant contracting strategies that reduce risk and balance value for Janssen
- Healthcare Ecosystem: Uncovers and leverages in-depth knowledge of the customer and healthcare environment with implications to various channel stakeholders to position J&J and Janssen as the healthcare partner of choice.
- Consultative Stakeholder Management: Utilizes a deep understanding of stakeholder needs and perspectives to build collaborative partnerships and influence internal stakeholders (without authority) while aligning business needs to deliver and execute solutions that address mutual strategic priorities with commercial and government stakeholders and with Janssen’s key priority products.
- Prioritization of Resources and Investment: Manages resources and changing priorities across commercial and government payers with consideration of time constraints, business needs, and available internal resources. Utilizes trade-off analysis between resources and ROI for the organization to drive broader business impact and maximize GTN
- Change Leadership: Leads the organization to better understand regional and government payer needs and manage new and ambiguous ecosystem dynamics to anticipate, sustain, and successfully enable change by establishing an unambiguous vision and clear direction