Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Financial Solutions and Technology (FS&T) is recruiting for an FP&A Global Process Senior Financial Analyst to support the global Integrated Business Planning (IBP) initiative. The preferred location for this role is New Brunswick, New Jersey. However, the individual could also be based in one of our other locations in NJ, PA, FL, GA, IN, OH, TX or MA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the employees of J&J for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $93.8 billion in 2021 sales, J&J is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 J&J operating companies employing over 130,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, J&J has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Integrated Business Plan (IBP) Global Process Owner (GPO) will partner with end-users in Supply Chain, Finance, and Commercial to develop the process related to Sales, COGS, & units forecasting. The individual will be responsible for the simplification and standardization of planning processes, via enabling technology enhancements, that will drive efficiencies across planning cycles. A few examples of critical deliverables include rolling forecast implementation, integrated and connected planning, integration of statistical modeling, simplification of management reviews and optimization of the financial planning calendar. Extensive knowledge of financial forecasting processes is required as the proposed IBP process will impact all finance employees globally who are engaged in financial planning and analysis.
This role collaborates with a global network of finance professionals to design, deploy, and manage global FP&A processes. This individual helps drive business technology alignment, consistent process deployment and adoption, rigorous process documentation, KPI measurement, and performance management in areas including budgeting and forecasting, financial planning, working capital management, strategic insight, and decision support.
The individual must be able to work cross-functionally with various levels of the organization (e.g. Directors, Managers, Analysts) across all regions to develop the global standard requirements for integrating IBP with EP&A.
EP&A Program Responsibilities
- Execute program deliverables in alignment with Integrated Business Plan project plan for the Integrated Business Plan workstream
- Active participation in EP&A program governance (e.g. status updates, resource planning, integrated plan) and IBP Steering Committee & Regional Change Champion Network
- Work closely with internal, cross-functional stakeholders to drive continuous improvement and corrective actions in instances of process breakdowns.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and governance processes are in place to drive adherence to global standards.
Planning Detailed Design Responsibilities
- Execution of Planning scope across Integrated Business Plan workstreams as outlined in the EP&A Conceptual Design Document, the EP&A Scoping Framework and in partnership with the Supply Chain organization.
- Automatic integration of IBP consensus volumes at the SKU level into the EP&A planning solution to serve as the aligned volume basis for financial planning activity
- Identification and development of a mitigation plan for markets / areas of the business that will not have a mature IBP process at the time of EP&A go-lives.
- Establishment of core data source from which IBP volumes are dollarized to feed the IBP MBR discussion and the planning process within the EP&A planning tool
- Self-service reporting capabilities to support analysis of performance against forecast
- Off-cycle IBP process outputs will be dollarized within the EP&A planning solution and seed the Monthly Business Review process to support articulation of risks and opportunities (R&Os) to performance expectations
- Implementation of a rolling forecast approach to underpin the planning process, creating a consistent repeatable process that proactively identifies longer term events that may impact business performance
- Participation in the creation of the future-state financial planning calendar with focus on minimizing management reviews to drive efficiencies in planning cycle time
- Drive standardized, integrated, and connected planning and reporting capabilities
- Drive streamlined coordination across sectors, geographies, and functions
- Implement use of predictive modeling to simplify the efforts to develop and analyze a baseline forecast at the start of each quarterly cycle
- Simplification and standardization of planning processes, via enabling technology enhancements, that will drive efficiencies across planning cycles
- Utilization of strong governance to drive consistency and improve control of the planning processes including adherence to overall cycle times and timing of management reviews
Relationship Management and Collaboration
- Active participation and alignment with future-state EP&A tool Product Owner and technical team to ensure technical builds meet process design specifications for Integrated Business Plan build
- Partner with change management, comms and training to ensure global process changes are adhered to and adopted by the broader organization
- Partner with reporting and analytics and human centered design teams to ensure process enhancements are delivered in end-user-centric manner
- Effectively partner across the EP&A workstreams to ensure consistency of design and approach
Key SFA Responsibilities:
- Supports ad hoc requests / projects
- Example: Using excel to simulate the impact to Worldwide COGS after legal or management standard costs are updated in source systems to check if the planning system worked as expected after a cost update
- Help DFIT answer end-user questions related to process/technology
- Supports continuous improvement activities
- Develop and deliver training and communications sessions across broader finance organization
- Requires understanding system calculations and dataflows so that key points can be summarized to end-users
- Support onboarding of new EP&A team members
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed
- Develop, maintain, and deploy FP&A process documentation, including the following:
- Planning Calendar – this shows end-users when the system is open for planning and requires understanding the interdependencies between various EP&A workstreams so that the IBP planning activities support downstream processes (i.e. Bravo submissions, GTN planning)
- Process Recommendations / Requirements – brainstorming various ways of achieving end-user goals and working with technical teams to understand risks/benefits associated with each solution. Documenting end-user planning requirements (i.e. the requirement to plan at a SKU level by month, the requirement to have reports that aggregate data at a regional level) so that the solution can be built as requested. Prototyping/mocking up technology solutions as-needed (i.e. drafting a reporting layout)
- Desktop Procedures (DTPs) – DTPs show end-users a “click-by-click” view of how to navigate the system, who is responsible for each action, where users should enter values in the system, and the impact of user-entered values to various reports