Senior Manager, Medical Writing
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, pulmonary hypertension, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
We are recruiting for a Senior Manager to join the Medical Writing team to support our Cardiovascular, Metabolism, Retina, and Pulmonary Hypertension (CVMR & PH) therapeutic area. This is an individual contributor position (no direct reports). The position may be located in UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, France, Canada or US. This is a global role and is open to other countries. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the company. Candidates selected for interview may be considered for equivalent role in another therapeutic area. Are you ready to join our team? Then please read further!
- Prepare and finalize all types of clinical documents, taking a lead role in terms of content and scientific strategy.
- Lead in a team environment. Work with a high level of independence and take a lead role on assigned projects with respect to timing, scheduling, and tracking.
- Directly lead or set objectives for others on team projects and tasks, eg, expected to lead process working groups.
- Guide or train cross-functional team members on processes, best practices; coach or mentor more junior writers.
- Lead project-level/submission/indication writing teams with minimal supervision.
- Proactively provide recommendations for departmental process improvements.
- If a lead writer for a program: Primary point of contact and champion for medical writing activities for the clinical team. Responsible for planning and leading the writing group for assigned program.
- Actively participate in medical writing and cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain and disseminate knowledge of industry, company, and regulatory guidelines.
- Coach or mentor more junior staff on document planning, processes, content, and provide peer review as needed. You may lead the work of other medical writers, external contractors, and document specialists supporting a project.
- Interact with senior cross-functional colleagues to strengthen coordination between departments.
- May represent Medical Writing department in industry standards working groups.