Senior Marketing Manager – ACUVUE Consumer & Professional Experience
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
The Sr. Marketing Manager ACUVUE Consumer & Professional Experience, is a key member of the Canadian Vision Care leadership team. This role will report to the Markham site and requires a strong understanding of the market, industry trends and customer needs and strategies. The position must be able to conceptualize, develop, plan and execute comprehensive plans and strategies for the Masterbrand and sub brands based on and aligned to Global and North American strategies.
These plans reflect both Professional and Consumer marketing strategies and include Professional Affairs and Public Relations plans, that will maximize sales growth, profitability and share for ACUVUE in Canada.
- Manages overall Marketing BME budget and overall Marketing department point person
- Oversees the development and management of Marketing Managers, Associate Marketing Manager and the Digital marketing Communications Specialist
- Recruits, hires and manages a roster of 8 Professional Affairs Consultants (including one on retainer)
Uses local market knowledge and customer insights to translate global brand strategy into short and long-term marketing and Public Relations plans for the ACUVUE Masterbrand
- Develops a deep and ongoing understanding of the dynamics of the Canadian market and the needs of Canadian Eye Care Professionals and patients through market research, partnership with Customer Strategy, Sales and Key Accounts.
- Identifies opportunities and priorities for growth and innovation.
- Oversees development of segment growth and new prouidct launch plans of the Marketing Managers
- Product differentiation, claims and messaging; brand communication; digital strategy and PR; trade advertising, direct to Eye Care Professional (communications and assets; new product launch plans)
- Fully understands and leverages Global and NA Marketing plans and resources to enable growth for the Canadian business.
- Play a key role in annual Canadian Business Review and Brand Planning process, developing strategy and budget for Professional Affairs function
- Manages relationships with external vendors such as advertising agencies, PR firms, market research and print production vendors to create and manage production of professional marketing materials.
- Partner strategically and actively with the field sales organization and U.S. and Global Colleagues to leverage trends, insight and real time market information and develop programs to drive profitable growth.
- Represents the voice of the Canadian market to the Global and North American Marketing teams in their portfolio.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stake holders within the Canadian organization and in the US and global teams
Major Responsibilities Professional Relations:
- Manage Professional Affairs Consultants and Speakers to ensure smooth rollout of Professional Discussion Groups and other agreed-upon activities. Liaise with US to leverage materials as suitable, and Canadian PACs to optimize content for PDGs and other key initiatives. Source future resource as required to address strategy, completing contracting requirements for speakers and events.
- Develop Canadian professional training programs in conjunction with the Vision Care Professional Affairs team
- Lead company initiatives to ensure high quality representation of JJVC at 9 Optometry and Opticianry schools in Canada, within clinics and among faculty, in partnership with Field Sales and US Professional Affairs
- Negotiate agreements with approximately 25 ECP Associations across Canada to ensure strong value from sponsorships
- Develop convention plan in conjunction with Associations and manage material requirements to maximize impact of all planned convention and retail events; liaise with Associate Product Manager to determine convention messaging strategy
- Partner with Strategic Accounts to achieve retail training objectives
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing to ensure alignment of campaigns between Professional Affairs touch points, field sales touchpoints and journal advertising
- Leads and manages the Associate Marketing Manager and Marketing Administrative Coordinator.