Janssen Supply Group, LLC, part of Janssen Supply Chain (JSC), is recruiting for a Senior Staff Process Engineer, to be located in Horsham, PA, Cork, Ireland, Schaffhausen, Switzerland, or Leiden, Netherlands.
Remote work options will be considered for this position.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We, the Janssen Supply Group, LLC are a part of Janssen Supply Chain, a global organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. With Quality as our primary focus, our group strives to provide access and affordability through innovation and strong collaboration with our R&D and Commercial partners to deliver life changing solutions for patients in need. JSC Global Planning’s mission is to “Ensure reliable product availability to our patients by applying leading planning processes across the supply chain”
Serve as Process Engineering Authority to develop business based technology solutions and provide integrated equipment, utility, and facility engineering expertise with an operational focus to support execution of manufacturing projects, driving ‘right first time’ start up and execution for strategic and key projects
- Provides technical interpretation and expertise, ensures alignment to policies, procedures, government regulations, standard processes, and customer specifications.
- Explore and understand Technology and Manufacturing challenges and synthesize business needs, manufacturing requirements, engineering elements, and technology inputs, etc. into business solutions.
- Provide strong technical leadership and expertise for technology transfers and new technology development projects.
- Provides technical support and execution of EHS&S policies and procedures
- Provides process design and engineering guidance for equipment and processes.
- Train and mentor technical community personnel to ensure Process Fit to Plant methodology and practices are ingrained into the execution of all projects and consistently used by the technical community.
- Develop new and continuously improve the Process Fit to Plant practices.
- Develop and maintain the PF2P Wikipedia website/platform and support knowledge management development with the project teams and technical community through application of the wiki and gathering of lessons learned, examples, and standard processes.
- Coordinate with Technical Operations group to ensure alignment on technical standards and project execution for technical transfer projects/NPI
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and trade shows, reviewing professional publications and analyzing new trends.
- Provide technical expertise and support to perform due diligence activities for license and acquisition projects; for network strategy and technology strategy projects.
- Provide technical leadership of multi-functional teams on many projects/ process improvements and resolves inter-functional issues.
- Track record of successful program execution and team outcomes.
- Leverages internal and external expertise to drive innovative solutions to meet program goals on global level.
- Technical depth – passionate and broad based
- Business and Financial – high interest and understanding
- Operations – high interest and practical
- Data analytics – high interest and desire for understanding
- Quality – high interest and understanding
- Creativity, Fixing, Intellectual Curiosity and Challenging.
External and internal interactions:
- High degree of collaboration with internal (manufacturing, quality, engineering) to develop standards and define project needs and priorities; as well as recruiting project team members.
- Extensive interaction with external partners (A&E Firms and construction firms, consulting firms) to remove barriers, clarify roles and responsibilities, and coordinate and implement project plans. The incumbent should demonstrate the following: detail and goal oriented, team work, customer-focus, thorough understanding of GMPs and regulatory requirements.
- The incumbent must also have a thorough understanding of business requirements, effective communication skills, leadership, and interdependent partnering, conflict and risk management.
- Compliance with the GMP, EHS and other regulatory requirements and guidelines, which are connected to the respective function.
- Support technology and network strategies and identify projects/solutions to achieve the required business result.
- Continuously scout for opportunities in close cooperation with the JSC and external sites to identify projects to optimize/reduce Cost of Goods and to improve the overall manufacturing network performance, especially in terms reliability, quality and compliance.
- Optimize design, program, processes and/or technical platform to meet current and future needs.
- Evaluation of innovative technology
- Define the final project objectives and work with the project team.
- Use of FPX & Six Sigma as a project methodology where possible.
- Challenge the organization and focus on the needs of the customers and the business.
- Communicate project objectives and status updates to collaborators.