Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Sr. Associate Scientist to join a growing team focused on cell therapy process development for innovative treatments for cancer. The position is a key part of the API Cell and Gene Therapy Organization located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson and Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and improved ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure diseases inspires us. We bring together the best of minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
We are seeking an energetic and highly-motivated Senior Associate Scientist candidate with proven expertise in cell therapy process development and process innovation to join our growing team.
Primary responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the design and execution of process development studies to develop and improve unit operations used for production of autologous T-cell therapies.
- Identify, critically assess and evaluate opportunities to improve manufacturing outcomes such as improving success rate, throughput, reducing cost, process time and product quality of the final drug product.
- Contribute to the development of new autologous T-Cell therapeutics for clinical development, deliver robust and scalable processes for implementation in clinical MFG
- Directly support internal or CMO clinical manufacturing as/if required for troubleshooting, technology transfer and execution
- Author reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results, protocols, technical reports and SOPs.
- Present research findings and data to the group; interact and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Participate in routine lab operations (lab maintenance, safety inspections, etc.), equipment qualification, reagent qualifications, and/or other duties
- Ensure data integrity and maintain compliance with general laboratory operations, all appropriate SOPs for laboratory work, data recording, and laboratory instrumentation
- Work in a team environment as well as contribute individually to meet project timeline and objectives
- Cultivate a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force
- Other duties, as necessary