Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Strategic Sourcing Manager, Direct Precision Materials (DPM), to be located in Raritan, NJ or West Chester, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.6 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 140,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager DPM will be responsible for maintaining the relationships of key Direct Material suppliers to Johnson & Johnson Companies. This individual will identify, develop and implement supplier strategies. They will plan and direct activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, service and compliance adherence.
Key Responsibilities :
The Strategic Sourcing Manager DPM scope of responsibilities includes:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the partner community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for specific key suppliers to meet the strategies set forth by the Category Leads as well as meeting the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for JNJ
- Leading supplier communications, including sourcing event invitations, issue resolution, price negotiation, and contracting
- Develop deep supplier relationships to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Category Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Raise issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Approximate Percentage of Time - Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities
- 30% - Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, implement joint collaborative initiatives, and supervise supplier performance
- 25% - Conduct supplier business reviews; establishing cadence and agenda together with category lead and business lead plus other appropriate parties to be involved
- 20% - Monitor and report risks in supplier relationships and apply key insights in the development of the long term procurement vision and strategy
- 20% - Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of strategy, processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- 5% - Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global/Regional Procurement Leadership