Operations Associate II
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Operations
- Location Lancaster, PA
The Operations Associate II will be responsible for:
• Assembling and/or producing products according to detailed manufacturing processes.
• Accountability for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
• Attend GMP training on the schedule designated for my role and as appropriate for role.
• Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to role.
• Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks performed.
• In a timely and prompt manner, identify, report, and seek correction for deviations noted in workplace.
• Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time
• Once trained and certified, operates all packaging equipment/machinery involved in the batch packaging of over-the-counter products at McNeil in accordance with established and certified cGMP, Safety & Environmental practices.
• Maintains accurate records/documentation related to work in progress.
• Clean equipment.
• Assist in changeover tasks including purge, clean and setup.
• Advises supervisor of line issues and when tools or equipment need maintenance or repairs.
• Identify and elevate all immediate and potential quality, safety, or environmental issues (material, procedure, and process) as observed.
• Perform appropriate SAP transactions.
• Retrieve required materials per BOM to complete the packaging order.
• Package order quantity as per SOPs and Packaging Batch Record (includes quality checks, component staging, etc.).
• After packaging is complete, clear the line and reconcile materials.
• Return unused packaging materials to appropriate point-of-use storage area.
• Maintain an updated and current training record (adhere to training timelines in Compliance Wire, etc.).
• Participate in Safety initiatives and programs.
• Assembles various materials into subassemblies or finished products using appropriate tools and equipment, in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures.
• Performs in process quality checks on sub assemblies and finished products.
• Assist in the update to batch records and SOPs as requested.
• Assist in the update to One Right Way (ORW) documentation.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities for process and equipment.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years technical hands-on experience is required.
- Previous experience in the manufacturing operation for the food, dairy, or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Previous high-speed packaging equipment experience is preferred.
- Must be able to meet the Physical Demands of the role (Frequently lifting/carrying 1-10 lbs. and occasionally lift/carry 11-50 lbs., lifting from the ground to knees and waist and from the waist to shoulders).
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Basic computer skills, including Windows Operating Systems and applications or equivalent is required.
- Previous technical writing experience is preferred.
- Experience with computerized materials management and document tracking systems (such as SAP or MES) is preferred.
- Must be able to obtain forklift license.
- Must be able to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift.