Staff Content Strategist
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Communications
- Location New Brunswick, NJ New York, NY
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Staff Content Strategist. This position can be located in New Brunswick, NJ or New York, NY.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Staff Content Strategist will ideate, write and assign best-in-class multimedia content that bolsters J&J’s reputation as the world’s leading health care company and inspires sharing across diverse distribution channels. Manage creation of best-in-class content for an external audience of key stakeholders, implementing Global Content Lab strategy as set by Editor in Chief.
Additional responsibilities are to ideate, assign and write multimedia stories, including news stories, articles, features, listicles, galleries, infographic and videos to produce best-in-class enterprise stories that inspire sharing and help J&J build relationships with key external stakeholders. Partner with internal stakeholders across different sectors of J&J to ensure strategic alignment with business drivers, goals and best practices. Cultivate and manage a network of freelance contributors who can produce diverse multimedia stories.
Adhere to Global Content Lab deadlines, editorial calendar and style guide. Partner with Global Content Lab social media and visual leads to ensure timely and comprehensive content coverage and execution across J&J channels. Brainstorm and execute on external syndication partnerships that promote corporate reputation. Propose and execute strategy to increase J&J presence and engagement on existing and emerging social channels for your beats.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of work experience as a journalist, editor or content marketer covering beats such as: Consumer products, pharmaceutical products, medical devices, global public health, corporate philanthropy, corporate heritage communication, personal health and wellness.
- An advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Experience with digital content creation strongly desired; experience writing in a regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in global function and a matrix environment.
- Excellent idea generator, with strong writing and line editing skills and innate knowledge of how to concept and execute diverse story types.
- Knowledge of primary social channels (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) and emerging technologies required.
- Experience using metrics and data to drive content strategy and decision-making.
- Proven success meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects at once.
- Excellent sense of judgment and interpersonal skills required.