FGB'ers gave this company a 4.4/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at KinderCare Learning Companies rated their manager’s support a 4.1/5
Human-centered organization dedicated to providing training, support, and career advancement to all our people
Women-led organization (93% of our leaders!)
Excellent child care discount
About KinderCare Education®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
The Director of Pricing and Market Intelligence is a high-impact leadership role within KinderCare Strategy organization that acts as an advisor to the business. In this strategic role, you will work with leaders across the company to implement, drive, and measure a pricing strategy that accelerates customer acquisition and expansion. You will drive a cross-functional governance team and balance a variety of opinions, customer feedback, and market research and data to inform recommendations and gain consensus around pricing and plans for our business.
You will also manage the Pricing Analyst team to understand and synthesize relevant trends, developing data-centric viewpoints on cross-brands ,potential synergies and collaborating cross-functionally to represent opportunity within our evolving industry. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate pricing acumen, and will have a combination of competitive strategy, analytical, management and communication skills.
• Develops and implements pricing strategies to maximize business opportunity and ensure long-term profitability objectives are met.
• Defines protocols to drive and manage an end-to-end pricing process partnering with operations to identify pricing systems and operational needs and requirements to deliver our pricing strategy at scale
• Provides a comprehensive view of the company's competitive pricing position and insight on the impact of pricing changes on profitability and growth rates.
• Develops deep understanding of value drivers and willingness to pay via quantitative pricing research, qualitative interviews, and internal data analysis
• Helps to set vision, prioritization, and implementation for pricing initiatives, including pricing models and process improvements.
• Uses hypothesis-driven approach to develop business cases that align pricing with customer value and to drive growth.
• Partners across brands, operations, marketing, and finance teams to deliver strategic recommendations and analysis to drive growth.
• Continuously evaluate pricing developments and trends in the marketplace to provide ongoing optimization of critical pricing capabilities
• Leads pricing analyst team, creating an environment were team members can thrive and be the best they can be to in turn deliver the needs of the team.
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These guidelines represent some, but not all of the ways you might have acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties, but got there in a different way, please apply.
• 10+ years of experience in Pricing
• Can demonstrate pricing strategy & optimization experience
• Excellent competitive intelligence and market research experience
• Escellent ability to build strong internal relationships, hold teams accountable and build consensus on critical initiatives
• Proven leadership skills, with ability to coach and mentor direct reports and others
• Robust analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable leveraging large and complex datasets to drive decisions and a passion for continuous testing and optimization
• Highly motivated and can work with limited direction; experience managing multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing time and resources based on business impact
• Exceptional communication skills, including preparation and delivery of executive-level recommendations
Our highest priority has always been to keep our employees, children, families, and communities as safe and healthy as possible. Starting October 18, 2021, we began requiring COVID vaccinations or weekly COVID testing for all unvaccinated employees who are required to be in a KinderCare Education community space or workspace to perform their work (center, National Support Center, and offsite meeting environments). We are also subject to state law, local ordinances, and Health Department requirements for employees working in child care and school facilities.
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Primary Location : Portland, Oregon, United States
Job : Corporate
KinderCare Learning Companies operates more than 2,000 locations across the country, supported by a corporate team of nearly 900 employees with headquarters in Lake Oswego, Oregon. In 2022, KinderCare Learning Companies earned their six Gallup Great Workplace Award for generating best practices, demonstrating exceptional engagements and achieving outstanding business results. To learn more, visit www.kcecareers.com.
About KinderCare Learning Companies®
KinderCare Learning Companies is America’s largest provider of early education and child care with approximately 33,300 teachers and staff car...