urrent business trends and specific client transactions
- Learn to prepare clear, well-structured and effective audit documentation regarding our understanding of clients processes and technology systems, including the flow of transactions, identification of risk points and controls that mitigate the risk points
- With appropriate guidance, execute and document testing of client controls and financial statement account balances with clear explanations of procedures and results using appropriate standards and terminology; identify potential misstatements and control deficiencies when performing testing procedures and escalate as appropriate
- Support the execution of a high-quality audit through the diligent performance of assigned tasks and professional client and engagement team interactions; support the use of enabling technologies in the audit, which includes effective risk assessment, data extractions, statistical-based sampling procedures and related analyses
- Identify process improvements and audit efficiencies as part of KPMGs continuous improvement culture; support project management activities by assessing and reporting status, tracking deliverables and coordinating action items; build and maintain client relationships commensurate with level and experience
- Support the use of Data and Analytics (D&A) in the audit including data extraction and analysis; utilize a range of technologies and data analysis tools to execute substantive audit procedures, such as Excel, Alteryx, SQL, Python and Power BI; assist in the preparation of the related documentation
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor of Accountancy, Master of Accountancy, or equivalent program from an accredited college or university
- Must be pursuing the state-specific education requirements to be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the principal place of business (the state in which the office is located) for this position, with completion of required academic credits prior to the start date for this position
- Preferred GPA of https://3.0 or above
- Coursework or minor in information systems, software engineering, computer science or data and analytics preferred; experience with data analysis tools and techniques such as Alteryx or Power BI preferred
- Demonstrated quality service mindset and foundational knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting standards; knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong technical aptitude, critical thinking and research skills; ability to navigate various computer applications, including MS Office (emphasis on Excel); aptitude to quickly learn KPMG Audit tools and applications used by our clients
- Strong communication, time management and relationship-building skills; able to employ sound professional judgment and professional skepticism; flexible and adaptable team player; leadership experience and resourceful in delivering high quality work; ability to demonstrate project management skills is a plus
- Must reside within a reasonably commutable distance to the office for this position and be able to travel to reasonably commutable work locations using own means of transportation, such as a personal vehicle or public transportation
- Work location may be in the office but will typically be at client sites, some of which may require travel and overnight/extended stay (varies by office); Audit professionals may have the opportunity to work virtually/remotely in the https://U.S. depending on business needs
- Must be authorized to work in the https://U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future. KPMG LLP will not sponsor applicants for https://U.S. work visa status for this opportunity (no sponsorship is available for H-1B, L-1, TN, O-1, E-3, H-1B1, F-1, J-1, OPT, CPT or any other employment-based visa).
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the https://U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (https://e.g., to go to the client site).