- Lead client engagement teams and other stakeholders in the initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of complex engagements; perform tasks such as monitoring project progress, managing changes to project scope, schedule, budget, tracking key performance indicators and creating reports and presentations to be delivered to relevant clients and/or stakeholders
- Utilize and ensure project adherence to our practice's standard project management processes and tools to manage project teams across the entire project life cycle; comply with all engagement reporting requirements; serve as an advocate of project management principles and standards
- Collaborate with project team to create a project charter, build and maintain project execution plan and some or all of the following: scope, schedule, budget, approach, assumptions, deliverable definitions and communication plan
- Identify and guide project risk factors and identify and resolve project issues; escalate issues as appropriate
- Manage internal and client-facing meetings by creating agendas with clear objectives/roles/time allocations, facilitating the call/meeting, taking notes of decisions and action items
- Oversee the project change control process
- Minimum five years of recent experience in project management in a professional services environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; licensed CPA, JD/LLM or EA, in addition to others on KPMG’s approved credential listing; any individual who does not possess at least one of the approved designations/credentials when their employment commences, has one year from their date of hire to obtain at least one of the approved designations/credentials; should you like to see the complete list of currently approved designations/credentials for the hiring practice/service line, your recruiter can provide you with that list
- Must possess skills such as business modeling, management consulting, organizational development, process improvement, tax strategy, and operations are a plus; a PMP certification is preferred; advanced degree or related license is desired
- Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully achieve objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams and Outlook, is required; experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Project highly desired
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, meeting facilitation, analytical, judgment and supervisory skills; capability to work effectively with project team members, project sponsors, functional leads, senior management and clients
- Must be willing and able to travel; highly likely that travel requirements will be under 10% of time - individual should be comfortable with travel as needed
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA: https://www.kpmg.us/work-for-kpmg/pay-transparency.html/?id=M322B-3
KPMG LLP (the https://U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (https://e.g., to go to the client site).