- Conduct technical interviews with subject matter experts to gather information about their mechanical and scientific approach to product innovation and development efforts
- Analyze electrical loads and design electrical systems for buildings, facilities, and other projects.
- Collaborate with client project managers, architects, and other engineers to document qualifying basis of mechanical and electrical systems. Implement required solutions.
- Review, interpret, and summarize technical documents such as scope of work documents, specifications, procedures, site reports, progress reports, feasibility studies, proposals, and presentations
- Analyze technical documents (technical papers, function requirements documents, architecture diagrams, test logs, design documents) and prepare technical reports and presentations to communicate design concepts and results to project stakeholders.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to conduct tax fixed asset consulting services, including leading client interviews with technical subject matter experts with current tax law and developing expertise across a wide range of businesses and industries
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
- Supervise and aid in the development and training of employees; develop and mentor Associates and Interns
- Minimum five years of recent full-time industry experience in product or process engineering, product development, technical project management or industrial manufacturing equivalent, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college/university; licensed CPA or JD /LLM, in addition to others on KPMG’s approved credential listing; any individual who does not possess at least one of the approved designations/credentials when their employment commences, has one year from their date of hire to obtain at least one of the approved designations/credentials; should you like to see the complete list of currently approved designations/credentials for the hiring practice/service line, your recruiter can provide you with that list
- Strong knowledge of technical development processes and tools such as DFMEA, BOM, WBS, FEA, CAD, DMAIC, DOEs, SOP
- Proficiency in tools or techniques used in industrial process improvement and problem-solving such as Six Sigma, SIPOC, 5 Why, Fishbone Diagram
- Ability to use statistical analysis tools including Alteryx, Power BI, Minitab, MATLAB
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in engaging senior technical management, executive and chief engineers, or any highly qualified subject matter experts to gather requirements, assist with technical sales or conduct technology evaluations
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
- Minimum eight years of recent industry experience in product or process engineering, product development, technical project management or industrial manufacturing equivalent
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA: https://www.kpmg.us/work-for-kpmg/pay-transparency.html/?id=M323B-2
KPMG LLP (the https://U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (https://e.g., to go to the client site).