- Direct multinational enterprises on business decisions, such as where to locate and operate, choice of entity, how to optimize supply chains, and how to access and mobilize capital to fund global operations, taking into account a multinationals tax risk profile, global effective tax rate, and cash posture; In advising clients, professionals will prepare and review complex tax models illustrating multinational entities attributes, effective tax rate, and cash tax expense
- Advise multinational enterprises on tax planning decisions, including helping our clients anticipate and understand the potential short- and long-term considerations and consequences of tax planning decisions at a global level, in the context of their wider business objectives and taking into account a multinationals tax risk profile, global effective tax rate, and cash posture
- In collaboration with our colleagues in Mergers & Acquisition Tax, structure the tax aspects of multinational private equity and strategic mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, and IPOs, along with drafting tax opinions, memos, structure decks, and Excel models (illustrating the tax benefits of alternative structures)
- Assist multinational enterprises with preparing the tax provision for its financial statements and preparing and/or reviewing compliance work product, as well as assisting KPMG audit teams with reviewing a company's financial reporting of tax implications arising from its global operations and transactions
- Advise clients on income tax treaty planning opportunities arising from inbound and outbound cross-border investing and trading activities
- Specific to International Tax professionals working in the alternative investment space, providing aspects of all of the activities above to alternative investment companies, helping at all stages of the investment life cycle for both asset managers and portfolio companies operating globally
- A minimum of three years of experience working on engagements involving international, mergers and acquisitions, and/or federal tax planning
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Masters in Taxation, JD, and/or LLM (with a concentration in tax) preferred
- Knowledge of a broad range of international and domestic tax law provisions
- Strong research and writing, Excel modeling, and oral communication skills
- Ability to balance and lead multiple engagements, play a positive role in well-functioning and collegial client service teams, supervise and assist with the development and training of new and experienced staff professionals, maintain professionalism, and provide excellent client service
- Ability to develop and deepen client relationships and expand the KPMG footprint in the local and global markets while working with both https://U.S. and https://non-U.S. KPMG teams to bring the right services to new and existing clients
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA: https://www.kpmg.us/work-for-kpmg/pay-transparency.html/?id=M304B-4
KPMG LLP (the https://U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (https://e.g., to go to the client site).