US UK Action Officer - Active Security Clearance Required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for the US UK Action Officer within the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Directorate. You will play a key role supporting WCI and LLNL in the execution of 1958 Mutual Defense Program policies and operations. You will act as an advisor to the WCI Principal Associate Director (PAD) Office (PADO) and define strategic programmatic guidance for US UK collaborations. This position reports to the WCI Principal Deputy Principal Associate Director and is supported by the US/UK Administrator.
This position will be filled at either the TSS.4 or TSS.5 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Ensure topics to be exchanged are within the scope of the 1958 Mutual Defense Agreement (MDA).
- Ensure all of LLNL's SRD communications with the UK meet the JAIEG-2 requirements prior to release to the UK.
- Participate in the development of program strategies and priorities for LLNL's interactions with the UK, ensuring coordination with WCI PADO and program offices.
- Develop relationships and collaboration with counterparts from key sites within the U.S. and UK, in particular the NNSA laboratories and UK's Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE).
- Work closely with the JOWOG and technical Leads to ensure they understand their responsibilities under the 1958 MDA and are adequately representing their activities to PADO and Federal Sponsors.
- Facilitate all US UK engagements involving the WCI PADO and LLNL Director's office. This includes preparing briefings, talking points, agendas and topics to support goals of interaction.
- Manage the US UK team. Provide guidance and training to indirect support of the US UK Office. Research and implement workflow enhancements to improve organizational effectiveness. Coordinate with US UK Administrator to ensure all operations are supported appropriately and meet current requirements.
- Establish work plans and delegate assignments to US UK Team. Manage schedules and hiring efforts for the program office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities, at the TSS.5 Level:
- Work with the PADO & program to develop key WCI internal and external strategic relationships, and ensure these relationships are being maintained.
- Innovate and champion procedures and strategies to streamline both the National and WCI US/UK operations.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical area or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive experience resolving highly complex problems and developing, planning, and coordinating solutions.
- Experience managing with a strategic focus, working effectively under multiple deadlines and resolving conflicting requirements successfully.
- Expert communication, facilitation, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Significant experience working in a senior management team environment that has demonstrated high-level leadership and personnel management skills.
- Experience working with and maintaining effective working relationships with a broad cross-section of management, technical and administrative personnel.
- Significant experience interacting effectively at high levels within internal and external organizations and constituencies, such as the NNSA/DOE, DoD, and other organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to diversity and fostering an inclusive and equitable organization.
Additional qualifications, at the TSS.5 Level
- Strong record of leadership
- Expertise in the area of program operations and staff management
Qualifications We Desire
- Scientific or Technical degree at the Masters level or above.
- Program Management Professional certification/license.
- Familiarity with Laboratory process and procedures for modernization or stockpile stewardship programs.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Careersite.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, wewill initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please seeDOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitlesjob applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.