interpersonal and communication skills. Travel may occasionally be required.
This is a hybrid position with 2-3 days of onsite work requirement (based on meetings, work schedules, etc) from our Reston HQ - VA. Candidates must live within commuting distance to Reston - VA.
- Handling privacy and data protection-related inquiries from a wide range of stakeholders across the company and providing actionable advice and legal counsel
- Reviewing, drafting and updating policies, procedures, and notices addressing the handling of personal information
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating privacy and data protection terms in various types of agreements (https://e.g., vendor/service provider agreements, customer agreements, data processing and data usage agreements, Business Associate Agreements)
- Providing advice on the development and implementation of the organization’s privacy program
- Developing guidelines, training, and tools to support accountability and compliance across the organization
- Monitoring relevant legislative developments, regulatory guidance, and enforcement actions relating to privacy and data protection in the jurisdictions in which the company operates
- Juris Doctor from a https://U.S. accredited law school
- Membership in the Virginia State Bar or the ability to become registered in-house counsel in Virginia.
- Minimum of 9 years of experience advising on privacy/data protection compliance requirements
- Knowledge of and familiarity with global privacy and data protection laws, regulations and standards, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the California Privacy Rights Act, the https://U.S. Privacy Act, state breach notification laws, the General Data Protection Regulation, the https://U.K. GDPR, and the Australian Privacy Act 1988
- Demonstrated transactional experience, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating privacy and data protection contract terms and agreements, such as Business Associate Agreements and data protection agreements
- Experience advising clients on compliance with HIPAA and other health privacy laws
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Agility and willingness to work on a broad range of matters
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently without extensive supervision
- Ability to translate legal requirements into practical guidance for non-lawyers
Pay Range $118,https://300.00 - $213,https://850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.