FGB'ers gave this company a 4.3/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Leidos rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Our Women’s Network is one of nine employee resources groups that provides support for onboarding, networking & professional development.
Leidos offers programs to help employees prepare for over 95 industry-standard professional and technical certifications.
Leidos offers a voluntary well–being benefit program to help support employees on their personal wellness journey and earn rewards.
The Intelligence Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Chem/Bio Technical Writer for a program supporting an Intelligence Community customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of science-oriented, government contractor team supporting an exciting counter proliferation and counter WMD mission. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility. Candidates must have a TS/SCI with a polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
The candidate shall provide subject matter expertise and support analysis of data.
The preferred candidate will:
• Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in biology, genetics, bioinformatics, chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related field with relevant laboratory or bioinformatics experience and at least 8 years of experience
• Experience and understanding of the methodology, processes, procedures, and equipment used in a chemical or biological laboratory.
• Knowledge of bioinformatics software programs and software development.
• One (1) to two (2) years of related experience in analytical biology or chemistry.
• Experience as a technical writer.
• Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills.
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the IC and must have
• Ability to brief senior staff officers and partners
• Work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to government analysts to build effective customer relationships
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with representatives throughout the IC in person, by telephone and through written correspondence
• Have a working-level ability with all components of Microsoft Office.
• Background in counter proliferation and WMD
• Demonstrated experience conducting research and analysis that aid in the identification of potential chemical and biological weapons
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.