pursue traditional and non-traditional procurement methods to procure business area technologies, service, and solutions.
• Leads a team of contracts professionals in direct support of the business area.
• Provides appropriate resources, oversight and evaluation of activities in support of proposals, contracts negotiations/administration, issue resolution, and risk management
• Leads the strategic development and management of key customer relationships for the business area
• Interacts regularly with Leidos executive leadership and senior leadership of customers
• Leads the professional development of the business area Contracts organization including recruitment, career development, objective setting, and individual performance management.
• Accountable for promoting and maintaining a highly ethical Contracts organization for compliance with Leidos’ policies and procedures and compliance with all applicable regulatory and contractual requirements that govern the work performed by the Business Area (https://e.g., FAR, DFAR, CAS, DCMA Property, etc.)
• Works collaboratively with other business area Functional Leads and Sector leaders to resolve complex contractual issues, and is responsible for the care and feeding of the business area contracts function as a whole
• Accountable for performance of the business area Contracts organization in the areas of resource utilization and retention, proposal win-rate, fee and cost savings, cash flow and compliance, and risk management
• Holds contract signature authority in accordance with Leidos policies and procedures
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
Knowledge in government, commercial, and international contracts.
Desire 5+ years of experience with commercial and international contracts.
Expert knowledge within government contracts with particular emphasis on proposal support.
Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR and agency supplements.
Negotiation experience and understanding of complex terms.
Experience with non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements.
Minimum of 7 years experience supervising or leading teams.
Experience working in manufacturing/production environment.
Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding contractual issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
Proficiency in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
Pay Range $128,https://050.00 - $231,https://475.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.