FGB'ers gave this company a 4.3/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Leidos rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Our Women’s Network is one of nine employee resources groups that provides support for onboarding, networking & professional development.
Leidos offers programs to help employees prepare for over 95 industry-standard professional and technical certifications.
Leidos offers a voluntary well–being benefit program to help support employees on their personal wellness journey and earn rewards.
Leidos is looking for a Junior-level Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team of engineers, analysts, and task leaders in providing technical support to the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) Emergency Communications Division (ECD) for the national security and emergency preparedness (NS/EP) Priority Telecommunication Services (PTS) Program. This is a newly-funded task being activated on a long-standing, Leidos Prime Program.
Supporting the ECD mission, the Cybersecurity Engineer will also be interacting with other Government contractors and US communications providers to identify new technologies as they become available and adapt them with priority capability to provide priority communications over current and next generation wireline and wireless networks for services such as priority voice over IP (VoIP), data, video, and information services.
• Review service providers system design and architecture as well as cybersecurity plans and provide recommendations to identify cyber threats and vulnerabilities that may impact priority services
• Review communication networks (enterprise/commercial) systems operational performance analysis and provide recommendations to identify any operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses on communication networks
• Review technical documents, reports, and briefings for Leidos’ ECD customers
• Involves participation in virtual meetings and occasional in-person meetings with Leidos team and Government staff at various locations in the National Capitol Region (NCR)
• Produces solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious and timely manner
• Present finding to colleagues, Government customers on an occasional basis
• Works independently or as part of a technical team, in support of systems engineering projects and proof of concepts
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an engineering field (Systems, Electrical or Computer Engineering preferred) with 2+ years overall engineering experience
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must be able to obtain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD)
• Demonstrated interest/experience in modern communication networks and systems; technologies such as Long-Term Evolution (LTE), 5th Generation Wireless Networks and Internet Protocol (IP) Multimedia Subsystem (IMS); and services such as VoIP, Data and Video
• Exposure to cybersecurity and privacy principles as applicable to communication networks
• Basic knowledge of networking concepts like virtualization, software defined network, cloud computing
• Basic understanding of cloud computing concepts (edge cloud vs. centralized cloud architecture), and cybersecurity challenges for the Private/Hybrid/Public cloud deployments
• Interact well with a team, positive attitude, good verbal and written communications skills, and strong self-initiative
• Proficiency in MS Office
• No initial clearance needed to start; however, you must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
• Cybersecurity related certifications or coursework
• Familiarity with the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) process
• Understanding of communication networks, Internet Protocol (IP), information security as well as software defined networks
• Exposure with some of the following is an advantage: Product Lifecycle Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Product Testing, Risk Analysis, VoIP, wireless technologies, next generation networks, industry standards development organizations, cellular networks, and cable/wireline broadband communication
• Experience with, or training in systems modeling
• Familiarity with SharePoint development/maintenance
Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.