The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Defensive Cyber Operations Analyst on the GSM-O II program supporting Joint Force Headquarters DODIN at Fort Meade, Maryland.
This is a non-rotational shift-work position that offers a compressed work schedule which will potentially include weekends and/or holidays. Current shift/team and hourly breakdown:
Team 1 (Mon-Thur 0500-1500)
Team 2 (Mon-Thur 1300-2300)
Team 3 (Mon-Thur 2100-0700)
Team 4 (Fri-Sun 0420-1740)
Team 5 (Fri-Sun 1620-0540)
GSM-O II enables Current Operations Command, Control, and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) functions across all - Combatant Commands, Service Cyber Components, Agencies, and Field Activities’ (CC/S/A/FAs) Area of Operations (AOs) in addition to 24/7 coordination with USCYBERCOM and other partner agencies.
- Execute continuous network monitoring and incident handling/problem resolution.
- Triage events, incidents, and assist with developing AO specific trends.
- Support various collaborative and cross functional forums (Intelligence, Current Operations, Future Operations, Logistics, Planning, Resourcing and Requirements) to achieve centrally coordinated, threat informed and prioritized vulnerability scoring and mitigation methodology.
- Support the development, coordination, release, and compliance of orders
- Provide threat analysis, track relevant prioritized incidents, and provide recommendations in coordination with the Cross Functional Fusion Team.
- Leverage intelligence and operational data, information, and processes to identify threats, improve security, and reduce the enterprise’s exposure to vulnerabilities.
- Identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of a broad range of technical information. Use sound judgment to generate, evaluate, and execute alternative courses of action. Produce timely, effective, decision-quality technical recommendations to support senior leadership.
- Actively engage with a variety of customers and mission partners, anticipating their needs, and delivering flawlessly.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 8+ years of applicable combined education and experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance and eligible for polygraph
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent)
- SIEM Tool Experience (ArcSight, Splunk, Wireshark, etc..)
- Knowledge of network and application protocols, cyber vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques and cyber threat/adversary methodologies (TTPs)
- Computer Network Defense (CND) experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization. Requires a deep understanding and the ability to apply cyber security related principles, theories, and concepts.
- Work independently and as part of a team to develop solutions to issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks.
- Knowledge of the DoD orders process
- Demonstrated experience briefing Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership.
- Experience in building extended cyber security analytics.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Leadership experience in a 24x7 environment. This includes mentoring, training, and reviewing the work performed by more junior personnel.
Pay Range $97,https://500.00 - $176,https://250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.