Are you seeking a new and challenging position supporting a complex Program for the Warfighter? Well, look no further! This is an exciting time to contribute to a mission-critical program with lasting impactful results. Leidos is currently looking to add a DevOps Engineer to a growing task. We’re looking for an engineer with the following skills and experience:
• Support the development life cycle of platform architectural design, deployment and debugging
• Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
• Develop & Maintain sound version control best practices-based CM systems (GIT), including branching and merging strategies
• Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Ability to automate release deployments across development, test, stag in g, Quality Assurance and production stacks using a combination of scripting languages and other automation toolkits
• Set-up up new sites and applications via configuration management such as Puppet and Ansible
• Maintain / upgrade/ patch tracking and documentation software (Confluence / Jira)
• Assist in design and maintenance web service infrastructure and deployments
• Analyze service stack and make recommendations for further improvements
• Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated
• Communicate effectively to help bridge stakeholder and development requirements
• Assist with support and operations where necessary
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored, or accessed
• Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java
• Experience with DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering methodologies.
• Ability to have a holistic view of service development and deployment architecture
• Set up and configure a continuous integration environment by leveraging Configuration Management, containerization, serverless technologies, and Kubernetes.
• Must be fluent with Git
• Strong knowledge of Linux and Linux environments (RHEL 617/8, RHCSNRHCE CentOS)
• Experience with Windows system administration, system monitoring, instrumentation, resiliency and performance.
• 5+ years working in an Agile dev environment (excludes education experience such as Bachelor's or Master degree in relevant field)
• Experience integrating Jenkins/Bamboo Docker, and Kubernetes for automated deployment preferred
• Experience with caching technologies (Memcache, Active MQ, Redis, APC, etc.)
• Experience with MySQL (Clusters, Replication, and Tuning) and Elasticsearch (Kibana a plus).
• Knowledge of security practices, networking protocols, firewalls, PCI compliance etc.
• 5+ years of system architecture required with a demonstrated ability to read the code and understand the coding logic to assist in troubleshooting
• 5+ years' experience managing/monitoring AWS cloud and virtualized servers for optimal performance while working in a Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment
• Familiarity with software development life cycle models, agile, and DevOps programming methodologies.
• Fluent skills in object oriented programming and experience in at least one programming language such as Ruby, C, C++, GO, Python, or Java.
• Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk, and understand varied customer deployments.
• Ability to successfully work with customers, developers, testing, project management, and support staff
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
• Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
Bachelor 's degree or higher is required in either Engineering (i. e. Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.) or Computer Science with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience (excludes education experience such as Bachelor' s or Master's degree in relevant field).
*US citizenship required
Clearance Required: Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph
The preferred candidate MUST be proficient in the following skills and technologies:
Experience automating network infrastructure configuration using Software Defined Networking
Understanding of SLA requirements and role of high availability architectures, performance optimization, and monitoring techniques
Act in the capacity to support deployment and operations when necessary
Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Gradle, Maven, ANT, Shell) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo), and infrastructure automation (Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Puppet, Chef, ansible, etc.)
Experience working cross functionally across multiple teams.
Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.