The NISC program at Leidos currently has an opening for an Engineering Technician (Level 2) to work in the FAA Staging Facility in Independence, MO. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Airspace System Integration Support mission.
This position will provide technical support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) throughout the Central Service Area.
Duties Include but not Limited to:
- Constructing components racks; may troubleshoot and correct malfunctions to fabricate and assemble a wide variety of electronic subassemblies.
- Operate standard metal shop equipment such as, but not limited to, welding equipment, manual and hydraulic shears and punches, manual breaks, drill press, hand tools, powder coating equipment and paint spray equipment.
- Interpret running sheets, technical data books, electronic principals and theory, electrical/mechanical prints, and engineering drawings.
- Adapt existing techniques, select electronic components, and arrange mechanical layout to meet engineering specifications for prototype, design, and development projects.
- Select, install, and solder electronic components on printed circuit boards; cut and form various wires and harnesses; distinguish different wire size, colors, component color; test, sort and inspect small parts.
- Operate a pallet jack or forklift to move sub-assembly and electronics housings and equipment racks.
- Prepare Daily Activity Log.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum 1 year of prior relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to Obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Occasionally - Climbing
- Often - Stooping, Kneeling, Reaching, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing
- Lifting/Moving Requirements - Minimum of up to 35 pounds
Pay Range -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.