Looking for a unique, innovative, and challenging IT position? Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) will support a program that provides Information Assurance support to US Space Force.
This position will report directly to the Program Manager.
- Under the direction of the Information Systems Security Manager provide support to ensure classified processing is performed within established standards.
- Assist with auditing information systems and other Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) tasks.
- Under the direction of the ISSM assist with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) authorization process to include developing and maintaining artifacts for the IS Body of Evidence (BoE).
- Ensuring Configuration Management (CM) of all associated hardware, software, and security relevant functions is maintained and documented.
- Review system vulnerability scans, verify implementation of DISA STIG’s, and ensure other security relevant information system configuration tasks are completed
- Perform test/evaluation of required technical security controls including performing certification tests and periodic inspections of information systems.
- Assist with classified spills/incident response or other security-related incidents.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in development of technical documentation to include artifacts required to support Assessment & Authorization (A&A) under the Risk Management Framework
- Candidate must demonstrate experience interpreting and applying government security regulations such as NIST, NISPOM, JSIG, ICDs to information systems while performing basic troubleshooting methods, risk management, and information system security principles on a routine basis.
- Candidate will be required to obtain an approved DoDD 8140 (DoD https://8570.01) IAT I certification within 6 months of hire
- Experience with security configurations across multiple operating systems in various environments, to include Windows, Linux, UNIX, utilizing Active Directory/Group Policy.
- Candidate must be highly organized and self-motivated with excellent documentation skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently within a schedule and with little direction.
- A relevant BS degree with 4 - 8 years of applicable Information Assurance or System Administration experience is required.
- Advanced DoDM 8570 certification
- Experience with DoD customers and their requirements.
- Experience with DCSA eMASS
- Experience with DCSA and Special Access Program (SAP) Assessment & Authorization (A&A) process
- Experience with DSCA and NIPR/SIPR/JWICS Assessment & Authorization (A&A) process
Pay Range $78,https://000.00 - $141,https://000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.