The C4ISR Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for an Infrastructure and Platform Engineering Liaison in support of our Multi-Domain Solutions Division. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the Department of the Air Force (DAF) establish and maintain the Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS) Deployable Digital Infrastructure (DDI). ABMS is a top modernization priority for the DAF and will be the backbone of a network-centric approach to battle network. In this role you will work closely counterparts from other ABMS DI Consortium teams to design new networks and improve upon existing databases aligned with program requirements and customer needs.
- Act as the liaison, reporting to and coordinating with https://U.S. government and representatives at multiple levels amongst the DDI team.
- Develop and report metrics to support the paradigm of continuous improvement.
- Plan, monitor, coordinate, and execute complex engineering tasks including the technical and quality targets of multimillion-dollar projects.
- Develop and manage mechanical engineering project plans, conduct design reviews, and coordinate design approvals.
- Develop status reports and modify plans or schedules, as necessary, to ensure contract parameters are met.
- Participate in root cause analysis following a mechanical anomaly across the Enterprise.
- Create and monitor the adherence to facilities operations standards across the Enterprise.
- Remain involved in, and abreast of, the Infrastructure and Platform Team (IPAT) engineering activities on behalf of the Fielding Environment Team.
- Provide engineering guidance, input, and informal training to field engineers on current and future IPAT solutions.
- Support domestic and international site surveys to feed engineering analysis of fielded systems to IPAT and other product teams.
- Troubleshoot systems being installed and tested in the Systems Integration Environment (SIE), prior to operational delivery.
- Assess performance, bandwidth utilization, cyber defects, permissions issues, etc.
- Share analyzed findings, in the form of proposed engineering solutions, to IPAT and other product teams.
- Develop procedural workarounds in partnership with field engineers.
- Access operational networks to perform remote troubleshooting of operationally fielded networks.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ yrs in engineering, systems engineering, or related technical field.
- US citizenship and an active Secret clearance, with ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Ability to develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Capability to develop solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex DoD systems.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to travel when needed by the program.
- Strong experience in establishing, maintaining, and growing DevSecOps resources.
- Previous experience working DAF systems.
- Security+ certificate.
Pay Range $118,https://300.00 - $213,https://850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.