FGB'ers gave this company a 4.2/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Leidos rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Our Women’s Network is one of nine employee resources groups that provides support for onboarding, networking & professional development.
Leidos offers programs to help employees prepare for over 95 industry-standard professional and technical certifications.
Leidos offers a voluntary well–being benefit program to help support employees on their personal wellness journey and earn rewards.
Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Lead DevOps Engineer to assist with the release of a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting a developing NMEC program working out of our Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD office.
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P is advancing the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and microservice development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles. Our Lead DevOps Engineer will contribute to the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized microservices architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation, and configuration. You will participate in fostering a DevOps culture, building strong cross functional collaboration with systems engineering, architecture, development, security, operations, and integration teams, in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You will work closely with the system integration/DevOps and operations teams as well as systems engineers and architects on the following key tasks:
• Maintain and orchestrate services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes Kafka, Elasticsearch, and several in house written python/java running on Kubernetes
• Deploy, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain containerized (Docker) microservices across orchestrated (Kubernetes) environments
• Develop scripts to monitor and check health of the deployed pipeline
• Maintain and develop DevOps automation using tools such as Saltstack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
• Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
• Day-to-day collaboration with system integration engineers and system engineers to influence design, and architect solutions in multi-tiered environments
• Participate in release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage and other pertinent meetings
• Work with system integration team to improve release processes, perform process improvements, and document processes
• Provide technical input to systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with SE team members and Architect team
• Attend design sessions and provide technical input considering program priorities and product roadmap
• Assist with resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
• Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
• BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 12+ years in software development, system engineering or related field. 10+ years of experience with master’s degree.
• Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
• Must have Linux experience
• At least 8 years experience working as a DevOps Engineer
• Experience with deployment and operations of containers as well as container orchestration tools
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline and automated deployments
• Software development/coding experience with programming languages such as Python
• Experience with Gitlab (workflow), JIRA, and Confluence
• Experience with Elastic Search
• Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
• Experience/knowledge of key Agile processes and techniques
• Experience with holding technical sessions involving customer and other stake holders
• Ability to track and produce key metrics
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution
• Experience with big data applications
• Experience with Kafka
• Experience with Web Services
• Technical degree and/or certifications
• Scaled Agile Framework certification (SAFe Agilist or other)
• Familiarity with GitFlow development model
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.