FGB'ers gave this company a 4.3/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Leidos rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Our Women’s Network is one of nine employee resources groups that provides support for onboarding, networking & professional development.
Leidos offers programs to help employees prepare for over 95 industry-standard professional and technical certifications.
Leidos offers a voluntary well–being benefit program to help support employees on their personal wellness journey and earn rewards.
Leidos is seeking a Lead System Test Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. The position is within the ESSC/ERIDS Support Department for development and maintenance of the ERIDS and ESSC Systems. The department's mission is to provide system engineering, software development, maintenance, test, user, and system support on the behalf of the FAA. Position requires continual customer contact with good "people skills" a must. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Lead System Test Engineer responsibilities:
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will:
• Modernize the ERIDS and ESSC development environment and infrastructure.
• Provide the engineering expertise to operate in a Leidos and FAA controlled development environment.
• Work with Leidos and FAA personnel to support the operations of the 20 ARTCCs.
• Be able to support local and remote customer's System support needs.
• Work with other Leidos organizations to maintain and enhance existing systems.
• Provide the support needed for system engineering and software development functional organizations.
• Articulate user needs and requirements and transform into high level designs
• To develop and implement system test and verification procedures.
• To analyze System Requirements to determine test approach and verification methodology
Other tasks include working with FAA organizations to maintain compliance with security standards and compliance directives. The individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to balance user and functional requirements in an ever changing environment. The individual must also be able to perform system verification and validation activities on FAA programs, supporting the system developers and test personnel.
• Requires Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline.
• and minimum of 4+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Ability to apply System Engineering principles/processes
• Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle.
• Ability to develop, document, and verify A/B Level requirements
• Ability to develop and document overall System Level design, function, and performance criteria
• Ability to develop prototypes for suggested/recommended solutions
• Ability to debug and correct system level problems and issues.
• Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
• FAA air traffic domain and program knowledge.
• UNIX/Solaris/AIX knowledge.
• Windows and Linux server knowledge and skills.
• Windows/Linux network skills
Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.