Leidos is hiring licensed behavioral health professionals to join our Adult Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) team to support Ft Riley near Manhattan, KS.
Join the mission to support https://U.S. military service members and their families as they work through important military life adjustments while serving their country. The Adult Military and Family Life Counselor (Adult-MFLC) position offers a unique opportunity to serve a vital role, in providing non-medical support, which includes counseling, consultation, and outreach, to service members, military family members and eligible staff. Non-medical counseling is preventive in nature and aims to address and provide solution focused approaches to issues before they become greater challenges.
Service members, spouses and family members face unique emotional and environmental challenges due to the stress of military life. This is an opportunity for you to reach them where and when you are most needed.
Adult-MFLC responsibilities include:
- Face-to-face counseling to military service members and their families (individuals, couples, and families).
- Observe, participate, and engage in activities with service members, military spouses and families; provide coaching, guidance and support to installation staff; and model behavior management techniques for staff and military family members.
- Offer presentations to service members, military families, and military leadership at military-connect events.
- Promote creativity and positivity through approved materials.
- Build rapport with parents and families by attending installation and community events.
- Help with transition adjustments, such as a new school and a new home.
- Participate in regular in-service training or other contract activities as assigned.
- Communicate information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to Team Leads.
Adult-MFLC will also benefit from:
- No insurance to file.
- No progress notes required.
- No treatment plans to develop.
- iPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or PHI.
- Paid federal holidays.
- Free and unlimited behavioral healthcare training.
- Reimbursement for job-related license renewal fees.
- Eligibility to participate in 401K retirement plan.
- Centralized support through a Counseling Center of Excellence that provides best practices, expert speakers, and state-of-the-art resources.
Additional Job Duties May Include:
- Responding to emergent situations in any physical location on a military installation
- Traversing long distances to both indoor and outdoor locations, to maneuver through rugged, outdoor, or uneven locations (ascend/descend), and work in outdoor weather.
- Travelling to locations outside of a military base in a variety of physical environments.
- Due to the nature of working on military installations or related worksites, counselors may need to comply with various site-specific requirements to work at designated locations.
- A Master’s degree or higher in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA/PhD).
- Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LCSW, MFT, LPCC, Psychologist) in the state where you provide services.
- Must be a https://U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to pass a basic background check for employment, a Child National Agency Check, and Inquiries (NACI/CNACI) clearance, commonly called a Public Trust clearance.
Pay Range $54,https://600.00 - $98,https://700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.