FGB'ers gave this company a 4.2/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Leidos rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Our Women’s Network is one of nine employee resources groups that provides support for onboarding, networking & professional development.
Leidos offers programs to help employees prepare for over 95 industry-standard professional and technical certifications.
Leidos offers a voluntary well–being benefit program to help support employees on their personal wellness journey and earn rewards.
The Mission Operations Division at Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer (NE) to support a government contract in the National Capital Region (NCR). The ideal candidate will be able to design, install, configure, and support wide area network (WAN), local area network (LAN), internet network, intranet, and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
· Install and configure network equipment
· Maintain networks including VPNs, hardware (switches, firewalls, routers), software (licensing, code patching, updates)
· All tasks associated with network upgrades
· Provide connectivity assistance and support problem determination for UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems across multiple networks
· Support design, design documentation, testing and network integrations of LAN/WAN infrastructure
· Develop network architecture, assist network management architecture, and document the architecture
· Develop test plans and network integration efforts, conduct testing, and develop network operation plan
· Update virus software and data security systems
· Troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate network issues to management
· Implementation of web server
· Implementation of X.509 certificates and secure socket layer (SSL)
· Remote network and server administration
· Design and implement virtual private network (VPN)
· Routing for LAN and WAN connectivity
· Design and implement network topologies and site configurations
· Plan installations, transitions, and cutovers of network components and capabilities
· Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements
· Modify existing software, and create special purpose software to ensure efficiency and integrity between systems and applications
· Evaluate and recommend COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions
· Active TS/SCI with poly
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field and 12 years experience commensurate with network engineering, network administration or systems administration. Work experience can be used in lieu of/combined with education.
· Required certification: CCNA and/or CCNP
· Demonstrated knowledge of current Cisco technology including firewalls, current Palo Alto technology including firewalls, UNIX/Linux administration, PERL/Shell/Unix scripting, virtualization(VMware)
· Demonstrated knowledge of IP-related services: Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
· ITIL Foundation Certification
· Certified IT Solutions Architect
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.