FGB'ers gave this company a 4.3/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Leidos rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Our Women’s Network is one of nine employee resources groups that provides support for onboarding, networking & professional development.
Leidos offers programs to help employees prepare for over 95 industry-standard professional and technical certifications.
Leidos offers a voluntary well–being benefit program to help support employees on their personal wellness journey and earn rewards.
Principal Solutions Architect - Air Traffic
Locations: Gaithersburg MD or Egg Harbor Township NJ
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a Principal Solutions Architect who is both passionate and experienced in aviation traffic flow management and leading edge technologies. The right candidate can architect and lead the design and development of a next generation traffic flow management system that enables the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to create a more efficient National Airspace System (NAS). Candidates will also have the opportunity to support other Leidos FAA programs such as ERAM, TFDM, TBFM, ATOP, E-IDS, FFSP and MEARTS.
Principal Solutions Architect responsibilities:
• Assesses customer objectives, goals, intents, requirements, standards, etc. and re-craft these multifaceted constituents to re-state the problem and translate into high level system objectives and requirements.
• Establishes and maintains the system baseline.
• Performs customer requirement interpretation, develops internal requirements to support the design and delivery of the system.
• Establishes architecture baselines and works with the engineering team to allocate requirements to all elements of the system.
• Leads the development of trade-off alternatives evaluating make-buy feasibility by performing concept exploration using established trade-off techniques to identify the best solution inclusive of cost, schedule, function, performance, security, and risk using figures of merit.
• Develops realistic use cases and scenarios that the program will encounter and tests various solutions performing proof of concept demonstrations or experiments.
• Evaluates architecture solutions and creates models of the target architecture alternatives to study the positive/negative effects.
• Develops technical performance measurement objectives and produces TPM models to track progress in meeting the performance baseline.
• Documents the design with multiple views for various usage levels (technical architectural level, business level, operational level, maintenance level, etc.)
• Develops the system, subsystem and hardware/software specifications inclusive of a concurrent engineering team.
• Verifies conformance of the design to specification requirements and the established baseline.
• Produces engineering work products for the system under design to include: network communications hardware, software/platforms, systems, sparing plans, operational parameters, specifications, plans and reports.
• Identifies and quantifies risks and develops mitigation strategies.
• Organizes and optimizes the integration of systems, businesses and people so that the interaction is highly efficient and operates as a whole.
• Designs and defines interfaces between subsystems and external entities minimizing the amount of information to be exchanged between the subsystems and external entities.
• Develops transition strategies, plans and processes for migration from a legacy system and for co-evolving components of systems and their integration.
• Works with software engineering to develop and interpret requirements in the context of components and systems.
• Establishes a bills of material (BOM) baseline for software and hardware and defines the inventory management control system.
• Establishes reliability, maintainability and availability objectives and works with RMA engineering disciplines to define solutions to meet these objectives.
• Support system integration, test, acceptance and operations/maintenance during all phases of a program.
• Co-Chairs the Architecture Review board.
• Conducts system requirements reviews, design reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews with concurrent engineering teams and contractors to monitor and measure the progress of the system being designed.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Enhances the engineering team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of architectural solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
• Requires a Masters degree with a minimum of 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Expert Working knowledge of telecommunications as applied to systems engineering
• Experience working with US Government specifications and standards
• Proven portfolio of large complex telecommunication programs that required high level system architecture/design and applied system life cycle processes
• Working knowledge of the FAA and their engineering practices
• Public Trust clearance or higher level clearance attained
• Must have Excellent communication and proven writing skills (including proposal writing) to work with all levels of customer and internal organizations
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.