programs launched in 2023 and in development for launch in 2025/26. Programs are funded by multiple United States Government sponsors, industry, as well as Internal Research and Development (IR&D) efforts. The Principal Space Systems Analyst will participate in developing and studying solutions for space-based imaging systems for a space-missions in LEO, MEO, GEO and XGEO. Upon award, efforts include solution conceptualization, concept of operations development, requirements definitions, mission design and analysis, and mission operations support.
- Architect solutions for missile warning, missile tracking, Space Situational Awareness (SSA), and remote sensing missions using advanced imaging technologies.
- Plan and perform required mission analysis and presenting results to peers and customers both in writing and as part of oral presentations.
- Business development activities including development of white papers and proposals that address customer needs consistent with Leidos business objectives.
- Should be familiar with mission engineering tools such as the Systems Tool Kit (STK) or equivalent as well as engineering analysis performed with tools such as MATLAB or equivalent.
What Sets You Apart:
- In-depth comprehension of space systems including technical principles, theories, concepts, and their application across range of programs.
- Bachelor of Science degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a United States Government Secret security clearance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert within technical domain area.
- Knowledge of how space-based systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and operated with domain expertise in infrared and/or visible sensors.
- Knowledge and experience of military doctrine and current threats related to advanced missiles, hypersonics, and/or space objects.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical approaches to architect solutions to counter threats
- Comprehension of orbital mechanics and space environments for LEO, MEO, GEO and/or XGEO.
- Experience in proposal development and writing technical reports.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, MATLAB, STK, or equivalent.
- Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment.
You’ll really WOW us having one or more of the following:
- Hands-on experience operating and evaluating data from a space-based infrared or optical systems.
- Knowledge of military doctrine and threats related to missile warning/tracking and/or space situations awareness.
- Understanding of data processing approaches, algorithms, and techniques
- Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
Pay Range $118,https://300.00 - $213,https://850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.