Our Directed Energy team in Albuquerque is looking for a Pulsed Power Engineer to contribute to the research and development of game changing, next-generation technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to work with modern equipment in cutting-edge laboratories at the Air Force Research Laboratories (AFRL) on Kirtland AFB, where you will see designs and ideas transformed into state-of-the art pulsed power devices and high power microwave (HPM) sources and systems. Working alongside our scientists, engineers, and technicians, our successful candidate will be afforded the satisfaction of building and testing new and novel creations in both laboratory and field settings.
• Test and characterize novel pulsed power devices and HPM sources and systems, including pulsars, trigger systems, switches, field coils, non-linear transmission lines, HPM amplifiers and antennas.
• Assist with laboratory and field testing, including setting up and conducting tests, reducing test data, and analyzing results.
• Field diagnostics and operate data acquisition systems necessary to obtain device and system performance data.
• Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or related discipline with two or more years of pulsed power related experience.
• Expertise using data capture software to capture test data.
• Experience conducting laboratory and field tests of pulsed power devices and HPM sources and systems.
• Ability to work well in a laboratory environment with engineering peers, managers and technical staff.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Current DoD secret or higher security clearance.
About Our Team
Our Directed Energy team in Albuquerque consists of approximately 100 scientists, engineers, technicians, drafters, fabricators and support staff with backgrounds in advanced physics, electrical and mechanical engineering, electromagnetics, lasers, and high-power microwaves. For over three decades our team has worked with government laboratories to push the limits of the state-of-the-art in several high-tech fields, and continue to do so on several programs.
Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.