ch, inventory, procure, and maintain systems and components in support of research on connected and automated vehicles and advanced infrastructure in a matrix environment. They receive assignments that include but are not limited to performing engineering tasks at the systems level on commercial-off-the-shelf hardware and software required for traffic signals control, traffic management systems, and surface-vehicle guidance systems.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Receive supplies and equipment according to lab asset management policy.
- Respond to staff requests for equipment or troubleshooting.
- Coordinate test resource/material allocation.
- Manage infrastructure maintenance and configuration.
- Coordinate and orchestrate safety training and supporting documentation.
- Receive, coordinate, and plan lab tours and demonstrations.
- Design, fabricate, and install solutions that meet projects’ needs with varying complexity.
- Interface with Project Managers, Government clients, external partners, and suppliers.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical, network, or related engineering field with 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Office network (WiFi, Routers, Access Points etc) and infrastructure installation, configuration, troubleshooting
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance (which includes three years of immediate residency in the US).
- Must have valid US Driver's License.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Apply and offer constructive feedback
- Adequately balance multiple ongoing tasks
- Willing to continue professional and personal development
- Interest in hands-on work with hardware and software.
- Prior experience in helpdesk services or technical support.
- Knowledge of Connected and Automated Vehicles, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and the transportation industry.
- 1-2 years Geospatial positioning (https://e.g., GPS) and position correction (https://e.g., RTCM)
- 1-2 years Vehicle or transportation standards (https://e.g., SAE J2735, NTCIP 1202, etc.)
- 2-3 years traffic signal controller operations and configuration
- 2-3 years Vehicle power and/or communication systems
- 2-3 years Wireless networking hardware and configuration
Salary range for this position: $80,000 - $90,000 - $100,000
Pay Range $63,https://050.00 - $113,https://975.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.