FGB'ers gave this company a 4.3/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Leidos rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Our Women’s Network is one of nine employee resources groups that provides support for onboarding, networking & professional development.
Leidos offers programs to help employees prepare for over 95 industry-standard professional and technical certifications.
Leidos offers a voluntary well–being benefit program to help support employees on their personal wellness journey and earn rewards.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos**,** we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
This position will consider candidates residing anywhere in U.S., especially in Charlotte, NC, Framingham, MA, Orlando, FL, or San Francisco CA, . Whether you prefer a standard or a flexible work schedule, or a remote, hybrid, or full-time office location, Leidos can tailor your career to match your lifestyle.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
In this role, you can also expect to gain
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Relay-Settings Engineer with an emphasis on transmission protective relay settings and the associated studies. This position is member of dynamic team of Power Delivery engineers within our Energy & Systems Solutions operation.
• Solving challenging substation engineering problems.
• Working with design engineers and performing quality reviews.
• Working directly with clients as well as working with other staff in remote office locations.
• Assignments will cover the full range of project planning through design and construction support.
• Preparation of relay settings from 4.16kV through 500kV including relay set points, logic diagrams, configuration files and documentation.
• Minimum of 2+ year’s relevant experience in high voltage electrical utility system protection and control engineering.
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) with 2-4 years of related experience.
• Main requirement is experience with communication devices and implementing and working with IEC 61850 protocol
• Capable of using Aspen OneLiner and/or Electrocon CAPE for coordination studies and fault study analysis.
• Preparation of protective relay coordination studies
• Experience with development of relay settings for microprocessor relays including: SEL, Alstom, GE, ABB and others. For both transmission line relays (Line Differential, Step Distance and Pilot Schemes) and substation relays (Capacitors, Transformers and buses)
• Being familiar with Schweitzer AcSELerator QuickSet, General Electric EnerVista and Schneider Electric MiCOM software is a plus
• Strong engineering and interpersonal skills and high attention to detail with a passion for quality.
• Experience implementing control and protection schemes including interpreting schematics and wiring diagrams and preparing relay logic to complete the schemes.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment;
• Self-starter who will work independently with minimal direction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
• High level of computer competency
• The following are additional skills that are considered a plus:
• Experience preparing technical reports
• Familiarity with PTC MathCAD software
• Previous Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience
• Periodic travel may be required
Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.