solutions provider. Our Power Delivery Services Team is the go-to for utilities and mobile operators who need reliable power and telecommunication expertise. We've worked with over 50 investor-owned utilities, over 160 municipals/cooperatives, and we're continuing to expand our reach. Plus, we've got an amazing group of industry-leading construction partners who help us deliver meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions.
As a valued team member, you can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements, as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth opportunities, including:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
- Formal Mentorship Programs
If you join us in this role, you'll also have the opportunity to gain expertise in a variety of areas, including NESC, Structural Pole Modeling, Electrical Power Calculations, GIS design training, Project and Financial Management, and Client Design Standards. Your greatest work is ahead!
This role is hybrid in nature, with some time spent in the office working with internal teams, and some time can be spent working remotely. (This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.)
As a Senior Distribution Designer you can expect to:
- Perform design engineering for Leidos electric utility customers, and Provide technical oversight, direction, and support for project teams. This will include work packages for OH, UG, URD, Make Ready, and Street Light projects, using customer GIS and WMS systems.
- Collaborate with other design leads on broad client issues including schedule adherence and team quality control
- Assist with supervision of design staff and QA/QC efforts for your team
- Manage scope, schedule, and budget of work assigned.
- Review engineering design packages with clients
- Perform functional tasks, planning, and/or customer follow-up
- Perform scope analysis of work assigned and maintain schedule adherence to advocate client priorities
- Coordinate conflicting utilities and other field engineering design requirements, assessing and developing large design packages for complex cable/conduit projects in dense urban environments, work permit development, easements, and ROW applications
- Be comfortable in both a field and office setting: the role may require customer-site visits to collect field data that will assist in developing work packages
What Sets You Apart (Background Requirements):
- A minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience: Relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company performing design engineering for electric distribution
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC)
- Prior experience with structural analysis, guying calcs, cable pulling calcs, coordination of protective devices, and electric demand and fault currents calculations.
- Ability to provide your own reliable transportation, as some customer-related travel is anticipated (Job-related travel will be reimbursed at IRS-approved rates).
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
You Might Also Have Some previous experience with (Preferred Qualifications):
- Providing estimated costs, development of a BOM, calculating the CIAC.
- Design tools such as Pole Foreman, SOCKET, Spida-Calc, DDS.
- MicroStation -performing Electrical Distribution design.
- Work management software and job estimating software.
- CAD tools
Professional Attributes that will help you succeed in this role:
- Collaborative attitude and inclusivity of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Positive attitude
- Professional dress and demeanor
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business.
Pay Range $84,https://500.00 - $152,https://750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.