Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. Leidos currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Engineer to support EW programs in Dayton, Ohio.
As part of our team, you will focus on first step towards a fully autonomous cognitive EW system. More broadly, you will advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future EW programs. You’ll get to work alongside scientists and experts in these fields to help grow your own knowledge and career.
- Develop, model, and test EW algorithms in Python, MATLAB, Simulink, or C++
- Develop models and simulate EW or radar systems
- Define interfaces to develop and wrap EW algorithms using outputs from other simulations
- Identify, integrate, and develop metrics for algorithm testing & analysis in software testbeds
- Integrate algorithms into EW system integration and hardware integration labs (SILs & HILs)
- Identify electronic support and electronic attack algorithms of interest and develop wrappers for simulating the performance versus radar models
- Create metrics and tools for evaluating algorithm performance for both modeling and simulation and hardware in the loop test capabilities with radar and radio frequency hardware
- Generate and analyze datasets of jammer and radar pulse descriptor words (PDWs)
- Work with electronic warfare artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) software systems and subject matter experts to develop and test electronic warfare algorithms
- Plan and perform analytical and engineering research, design development, participate in testing and other technical assignments
- Lead research as part of interdisciplinary teams that design, develop, and deploy machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms for DoD electronic warfare applications, with the opportunity to move into leadership roles on these teams
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field 12+ years’ experience or Master’s degree with more than 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have an active Secret security clearance
- Proficient experience with MATLAB
- Functional knowledge of scientific programming and algorithm development
- Experience with radar signal processing
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Active clearance preferred
- Working knowledge areas such as digital filtering, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and stochastic processes
- Experience working in areas of modeling and simulation (M&S), radar, adaptive radar, signals processing, algorithm development, or similar fields
- Python, Simulink and languages such as C/C++, Java etc.
Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.