FGB'ers gave this company a 4.3/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Leidos rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Our Women’s Network is one of nine employee resources groups that provides support for onboarding, networking & professional development.
Leidos offers programs to help employees prepare for over 95 industry-standard professional and technical certifications.
Leidos offers a voluntary well–being benefit program to help support employees on their personal wellness journey and earn rewards.
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a Software Architect who is both passionate and experienced in aviation traffic flow management and leading-edge technologies. The right candidate can architect and lead the design and development of a next generation traffic flow management system that enables the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to create a more efficient National Airspace System (NAS). Candidates also will have the opportunity to support other Leidos FAA programs such as ERAM, TFDM, TBFM, ATOP, E-IDS, FFSP and MEARTS.
Software Architect responsibilities:
Working independently, the successful candidate will be:
• Lead the development and maintenance for the FAA air traffic control flow management software within a service-based system in a Cloud deployed environment
• Performing software development recommending technical solutions as needed
• Providing support needed for system engineering.
• Articulating software architecture from customer requirements
• Estimate software development effort and complexity
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 12+ years of professional experience; or a minimum of 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Experience in object-oriented design and development with the Java or C++ programming language on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
• Experience in following a documented Software Development Process.
• Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
• Strong integration skills.
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
• Development experience in other computer languages (Java, C++, Perl, etc.).
• FAA air traffic domain knowledge.
• Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS.
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.