Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. Our EW divsision currently has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to perform design, development, and hardware/software integration in Arlington, VA for the Electronic Warfare Division.
Our division primarily focuses on research & development and advanced prototyping, transforming state of the art signal processing algorithms into real-time software systems.
Projects involve small multi-disciplinary teams of engineers working together in spiral or agile development environments to meet aggressive customer schedules aimed at near-term field demonstrations.
Join a team of experts in implementing high-performance signal processing on general purpose processors, such as ARM.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Contributing to design and development of advanced systems as a part of multi-disciplinary teams. These teams are made up of other software team members and subject matter experts from the areas of systems engineering, hardware, firmware, machine learning, RF front end design, and signal processing.
• Designing, implementing, and testing real-time C/C++ software for multi-core systems running Linux or a real-time operating systems, such as VxWorks
• Build software products that utilize third party mathematics and communication libraries
• Interface communication standards / protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, and DDS
• Read and understand signal processing algorithms written in MATLAB
• Work with Linux operating system as well as experience with real-time operating systems
• Designing, implementing, and testing software to configure and control RF hardware devices
• Integrating software into third-party software frameworks and architectures, such as Redhawk
• Documenting the developed systems
• Support system field testing and collection events, usually about a week in duration once or twice a year
The successful candidate will have the following education/experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
• 4+ years of software development experience, including strong experience in C/C++ software development
• Experience using version control (Subversion, GIT, etc.) and continuous integration software tools (Jenkins)
• Must have active Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
• Existing security clearance higher than the Secret level
• Experience with Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence algorithms and libraries, such as TensorFlow
• Experience with MATLAB GPU computing
• Experience with High Performance Computing including parallel and distributed computation
• Experience with Model-Based Design code generation practices
• Experience with cloud-based computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with other programming languages such as Python and/or Java
Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.