FGB'ers gave this company a 4.2/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Leidos rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Our Women’s Network is one of nine employee resources groups that provides support for onboarding, networking & professional development.
Leidos offers programs to help employees prepare for over 95 industry-standard professional and technical certifications.
Leidos offers a voluntary well–being benefit program to help support employees on their personal wellness journey and earn rewards.
Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Software Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Software Engineer position located in Southwest Virginia with opportunities to work remotely.
Our new Software Engineer will support cloud migrations for the Air Force Cloud One contract. This contract includes the Cloud Migrations life cycle including development, testing, deployment, and release management leveraging DevSecOps processes.
• After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team, you will work with a team of highly skilled software developers, engineers and QA analysts responsible for delivering customized solutions for federal and commercial clients.
• Participate in design, development, testing, and release of key functionality for large scale custom software projects to meet customer requirements
• Evaluate systems architectures and code for performance and security issues, and suggest best practice remediation approaches to ensure highly performant and secure deployed applications.
• You will work to develop core functionality for existing systems, create and execute unit tests, and assist with deployment of new software to the user community.
• Analyze, diagnose, and resolve software bugs utilizing approved procedures following software best practices
• Work prioritized tasks from implementation through test and deployment during each Agile Sprint period.
• Collaborate with other software developers, QA analysts, operations staff, supervisors, and clients
• Provide team leads with technical expertise and schedule recommendations, updates and risk management approaches to ensure development activities proceed as needed
• Mentor junior Software Developers.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance prior to start
• A software developer with a Bachelors’ degree and 5+ years of experience developing and supporting software applications, specifically common programming languages such as C# or Java
• Deeply experienced with RESTful APIs, JSON, AJAX, XHTML, SOAP
• Working knowledge of relational databases, database design data modeling and SQL
• Ability to research technically complex issues and provide a clear path to resolution
• Experienced in Agile and Scrum development methodologies and processes
• Previous experience with code reviews
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• US Citizenship required
• Familiarity with cloud technology environments
• Design and development of web services experience
• Previous cross browser development experience
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021.