nologists through subordinate supervisors.
- Manages programs through subordinate program managers with frequent interaction with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Overall program execution, profit and loss, and business financial goals for a portfolio of programs.
- Cultivate strong customer relations at various levels in the US Government and the defense industry.
- Program capture and proposal activities to grow the branch program portfolio, including serving as technical lead and/or capture lead for specific opportunities.
- Hiring, promotion and reward authority in accordance with manager review and approval.
- Communication at all levels in the corporate and customer community.
- Employee performance management, mentoring, coaching, and team communications.
- Adherence and compliance with the Leidos Business Framework policies and procedures.
- Create new innovative technical concepts to capture and execute programs for the design, analysis, and create advanced space-based optical payload systems.
- Demonstrated business development mindset with in-depth experience in the development of technology roadmaps and business growth strategies.
- Demonstrated domain expertise in one of more of the following areas: space time adaptive processing and optics.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Successful, proven past performance in leading and managing multi-discipline project teams.
- Proven track record in project management.
- Knowledge of Government contracting practices and current acquisition trends.
- At least 7 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis.
- Master’s degree in an engineering or science discipline with at least 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- https://U.S. citizen with an active Secret Collateral clearance and eligible for SCI access.
- Prior experience in managing Department of Defense research efforts, including SDA, AFRL, DARPA, NASA, and similar customer organizations. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous efforts while keeping efforts on schedule and on budget.
- Prior experience in leading successful business development campaigns. Demonstrated skills include the ability to effectively communicate with customers, understand their needs, and develop technical white papers and proposals.
- https://U.S. citizen with active Top Secret/SCI clearance
Pay Range $142,https://350.00 - $257,https://325.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.