Leidos has a career opportunity for an experienced Capture Manager to assist the Dynetics Group in pursuing profitable growth and winning many and varied contracts which would lead to programs of record (PORs).
A successful candidate must be able to thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full capture life-cycle across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals with government research and development customers. The candidate is expected to understand and adapt to Leidos identified proposal protocol, as well as understand Leidos products and services in order to lead capture efforts.
Duties may include:
- Mentoring other capture, BD and/or operations professionals and support the larger Dynetics business team.
- Coalesce with team members, BD, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position Dynetics ability to win.
- This person will also gather, assess, and validate customer requirements, working closely with BD leads – identifying related needs and constraints that impact the winning solution.
- Develop value propositions through program strategies, supporting business cases and project plans and develop early win strategies and evolve the strategy throughout the capture lifecycle.
- Develop, organize, and execute significant capture activities, including building industry and Leidos-internal teams, assess win probability, develop win plans/strategies, address gap analysis, etc. to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
Characteristics necessary for success include;
- business and technical vision
- disciplined strategic thinking
- analytical presentation and problem-solving skills
- the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationships and communication with technical staff, managers, and peers.
- excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Requires a BA degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, ensuring execution of customer call plans to shape acquisitions to respond and win business with new and existing customers.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense, RDT&E Community.
- Experience with federal government budgets, investments and acquisition processes.
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus).
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen.
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, time-sensitive and often multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture, based on negotiated work location, up to 25% per month.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in the STEM, specifically in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Math
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in winning captures with defense, national security, and other related agencies
- Experience transitioning R&D programs to operational end users
- A proven history and orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
Security Requirements Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a
Secret Clearance. A Top Secret/SCI clearance is preferred.
Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.