At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, like to be in charge of the operations of an entire team, and love to collaborate, keep reading!
The Mission Leidos Engineering is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Solutions Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Power Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Walled Lake, MI protection and control, substation physical, CAD, and SCADA teams: in charge of employee engagement, performance reviews, salary negotiations, interviewing/hiring, work quality, budgets and schedules, mentorship and growth, proposal development, project execution, client interaction, and business development.
- Prepare and review proposals, technical write-ups and project approach documents for small, medium and large projects and Master Service Agreements (MSAs). This includes preparation and review of comprehensive project scopes of work and accurate man-hour estimates.
- Build meaningful relationships with our robust list of long-standing clients. Function as client Point of Contact (https://P.O.C) and liaison with clients on project-related issues.
- Provide technical training and mentorship to junior staff.
- Understand and apply industry standards, applicable state and federal safety codes, regulatory compliance requirements and construction codes to projects.
- Provide technical oversight, direction, and support for project teams.
- Ensure and facilitate project team collaboration and communication across all disciplines and resolve design conflicts as required.
- Collaborate with our internal team of talent acquisition (TA), human resources (HR), project management organization (PMO), and financial team members to align the objectives of the Walled Lake team with the objectives of the larger section and division.
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university, with eight plus (8+) years of relevant experience in utility substation/P&C engineering
- Experience as a substation/P&C engineer leading projects and performing QC reviews
- Proposal and budget model creation
- Expertise with staff training/mentorship
- Experience with serving as firm-client liaison
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time
You Might Also Have:
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification
- Active membership in national engineering societies and work-groups (IEEE, PES, etc.
Pay Range $97,https://500.00 - $176,https://250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.