The National Security Space Operation at Leidos has an opening for a Systems Administrator to work in our San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to serve as a Systems Administrator within an established Information Security team under the direction of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and coordinating with the production team. You will collaborate closely with our Product and IT teams to ensure the reliability, security, and efficiency of our networked systems and be responsible for the installation, configuration, and administration of hardware, operating systems, and software applications. Your expertise and attention to detail will ensure the smooth and secure operation of our systems, enabling our employees to work efficiently and effectively.
- This role includes a combination of duties to help configure systems for the production team while protecting information and maintaining security controls appropriate for the system, site, or program to reduce risk.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware.
- Responsibilities may include management of systems infrastructures, implementing best practices to identify and recommend system functional specifications, configuration of physical and virtual systems, backup, and recovery of IT infrastructure.
- Support duties may include updating and supporting systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space. Implementing critical patches, reviewing systems performance logs to identify anomalies and troubleshoot issues.
- Install, configure, and maintain servers, storage systems, and network devices, ensuring high availability and optimal performance.
- Design, deploy, and maintain local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and wireless networks to meet the company's requirements. Including distributed infrastructure for operations across multiple sites, including Leidos and vendor sites.
- Monitor system performance, troubleshoot issues, and proactively address potential problems to minimize downtime and ensure smooth operations.
- Perform network troubleshooting and resolve network-related problems, including connectivity issues, hardware and software malfunctions, and network configuration errors.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, and access controls to ensure data integrity and security.
- Implement and maintain network security measures, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPNs, to protect the company's data and systems from unauthorized access and security threats.
- Implement and maintain backup and disaster recovery strategies to protect critical data and systems.
- Perform regular system updates, patches, and upgrades to keep systems secure and up to date.
- Conduct regular network assessments and audits to identify areas for improvement and implement network optimization strategies.
- Monitor and respond to system alerts and security incidents, conducting thorough investigations and implementing appropriate remediation measures.
- Maintain system documentation, including configuration details, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Install hardware and software as required.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in systems administration, network technology, recommending and implementing improvements and best practices.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members by participating in regular meetings and tag-ups.
- Works as an integral part of the production team to influence solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field, and 4-8 years of direct experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must be a https://U.S Citizen and have an active Secret security clearance.
- Possess a current DoD https://8570.01 compliant certification, https://e.g., Security + w/CE, or the ability to obtain either within 6 months of employment.
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols, technologies, and architectures, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, routing, and switching.
- Proficiency in operating systems such as Windows Server, Linux, or Unix.
- Hands-on experience with network equipment, such as routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points.
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, and user account management.
- Familiarity with backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Strong understanding of network security principles and best practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with team members and communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Current DoD Secret or Top-Secret clearance
- Vulnerability assessment and analysis experience utilizing SCAP, ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
- Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DCSA, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency Assessment and Authorization Manual (DAAPM)
Pay Range $66,https://300.00 - $102,https://000.00 - $137,https://700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.