correlation, and visualization of events for a critical operational system. She/he will demonstrate strong skills in system administration, log management, event correlation, and threat detection and will support building and maintaining a system that analyzes collected data and derives facts, inferences, and projections to determine if the systems being monitored are operating normally. The individual will work on a team responsible for configuring the systems which support analysts and end-users. The successful candidate will support the collection and extraction of data used to refine existing and new reports, analytics, and dashboards, and will be involved with the drafting and creation of reports and dashboards based on end-user requirements. She/he will also support the integration of resources across teams to better define the audit data being collected to eliminate false positives and false negatives from the data.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Information Assurance, or a related discipline and at least eight (8) years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- At least two (2) years of experience with one or more of the following: StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, ArcSight, Splunk.
- Experience in design, implementation, and support of Splunk core components, including indexers, forwarders, search heads, and cluster managers.
- Experience with configuration and administration of Splunk ingestion and forwarding for new and existing applications and data.
- Experience with troubleshooting Splunk dataflow issues between the various Splunk core components.
- Experience configuring and deploying data collection for a variety of operating systems and networking platforms.
- Experience creating Dashboards and Analytics within SIEM tools.
- Experience working with monitoring systems supporting auditing, incident response, and system health.
- Understanding of networking components and devices, ports, protocols, and basic networking troubleshooting steps.
- The ability to troubleshoot issues with log feeds, search time, and field extractions.
- The ability to troubleshoot problems related to data solutions.
- Network Security Operations Center (SOC) experience.
- Experience and talent in data visualization.
- Experience creating workflows for Incident Response within a SIEM Tool.
- Security+ Certification.
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler Certification.
- GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence Certification.
- Cybersecurity certifications.
- Formal SIEM training.
- Experience working on an Agile team/program.
Pay Range $97,https://500.00 - $176,https://250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.