BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position provides assistance and input to management, develops and leads large multifunctional development activities, solves complex technical problems, writes complex code for computer systems, and serves as a senior source of expertise. The position may also provide sizing or budget recommendations to management.
• 10+ years of Software Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
• Software development process expert in applicable methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Expertise in data modeling, design and manipulation, optimization, best practices, tuning, and leading industry trend knowledge.
• Expertise in normalized/dimensional data modeling principles and their application to complex business needs.
• Expertise in industry technology language development trends.
• Expertise in test-driven development and maintenance including techniques for applying best practices for overall project benefit.
• Expert knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
• Strong budgeting/finance skills.
• Proven expertise in the use and development of applicable desktop tool sets.
• Proven expert in partnering and leading internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong experience with various resource models such as Managed Services and/or Staff Augmentation.
• Strong knowledge in industry best practices in external resource development.
• Solid knowledge of architectural principles.
• Ability to partner and lead internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
• Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
• Ability to design and work with complex data models.
• Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
• Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
• Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
• Advance communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
• Serve as a primary technical point of contact for external technology resources.
• Provide design input across a product.
• Work directly with customers and end users.
• Serve as acknowledged “go to” person on coding and technical issues.
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Complete complex bug fixes.
• Design and work with complex data models.
• Mentor lead software developers interested in consultancy on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
• All other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Around the globe, LexisNexis® employees are connected by the desire to shape a better world where the Rule of Law increases peace, prosperity and justice. LexisNexis takes community action to make the law more accessible. And LexisNexis solutions give professionals more insight. We help doctors save lives, investigators find lost children, lawyers find justice for their clients and students gain deeper knowledge. A career with LexisNexis can help you make a difference—in the community and at work.