Would you like to lead teams delivering successful projects to improve performance?
Can you ensure we have a robust and stable system architecture?
Join us in shaping a more just world.
LexisNexis, a part of RELX, is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory, and business information. We help customers increase productivity and improve decision-making and outcomes. Our 10,500 experts and innovative tools help us shape a better world for our customers and communities.
About the Role
You will provide leadership to teams to support, run, and implement changes in our system architecture. You will collaborate with cross-functional technical teams to deliver successful initiatives.
Conditions of Employment
You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
You must successfully pass a background investigation and achieve Public Trust security clearance.
Work from Home within driving distance to our Horsham, PA Office
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position provides assistance and input to management; develops and leads large multifunctional system activities; solves complex technical problems; writes complex structure; and serves as a senior source of expertise. This position in Cloud Engineering is responsible for executing the cloud strategy with a focus on infrastructure. The execution will support a lift and shift approach to migrate the entire system from on-prem to cloud. The position also may provide sizing or budget recommendations to management team. This role also provides prompt recovery and problem escalation for the exceptions, extrapolating and integrating information within defined boundaries, using multiple system management and problem management tools.
· Recommending and implementing system parameters or configuration variables to improve system performance and to resolve problems
· Developing and implementing security programs through managing and executing project deliverables to ensure successful on-time delivery
· Developing user modifications for the installation of customized existing routines, device drives and other system components
· Developing and reviewing job control procedure scripts or work-flow diagrams for commonly used processes and potential automation
· Managing cross-functional teams to coordinate and escalate problems and provide prompt resolution using system management tools
· Managing and creating concise documentation for closure of tasks, problem resolution, changes and requests
· Have an impressive understanding of storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system and Windows infrastructure
· Have in-depth knowledge of system dump contents, control block structures, hardware being used and system performance principles
· Show excellent knowledge of virtual server environments and thin clients
· Have exceptional change management skills
· Demonstrate great experience of creating scripts for automation tasks
· Have an advanced understanding of system and problem management tools, system recovery procedures and performance improvements
· Have the ability and willingness to mentor junior staff and manage cross-functional project teams
· Have great organizational skills and be able to adapt and flex to deliver multiple priorities and projects
· Demonstrate advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching and effectively troubleshooting complex project issues
· Have excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex technical information to a variety of audiences
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization, with various flexible and remote working options available to employees.
Working with Us
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Together, we are building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Working for you
We believe in a healthy work/life balance. We know that your well-being and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer: - Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits - Disability insurance - Dependent care and commuter spending accounts - Life and accident insurance - Retirement benefits (salary investment plan/employer stock purchase plan) - Modern family benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
About our Team
LexisNexis is a data and analytics company with 10,500 colleagues serving customers in more than 150 countries. We’re one of the largest information and analytics companies on the planet. We design solutions that help our customers increase productivity, improve decision-making and outcomes, and be more successful.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by completing our Applicant Request Support Form: https://forms.office.com/r/eVgFxjLmAK .
Around the globe, LexisNexis® employees are connected by the desire to shape a better world where the Rule of Law increases peace, prosperity and justice. LexisNexis takes community action to make the law more accessible. And LexisNexis solutions give professionals more insight. We help doctors save lives, investigators find lost children, lawyers find justice for their clients and students gain deeper knowledge. A career with LexisNexis can help you make a difference—in the community and at work.