Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are seeking a Technical Specialist, Embedded SW QA Engineering to be the platform software test lead for Lucid Smart Energy Products, the Smart Energy Program and our EV systems. This position requires an experienced professional with accomplished background in software test and debug, test infrastructure, and test automation related to embedded operating systems. Our ideal candidate possesses extended knowledge in complex low-level software systems with a “break-it” mindset who prides themselves in creating automation tests and infrastructure utilizing data to maximize coverage and prevent defects from reaching customers. This person will be executing as team SW Quality Lead, mentoring junior team members, and role modeling best in class SW test and quality practices. The successful candidate can adapt quickly within a fast-paced environment.
· Own the test automation architecture and develop a test strategy for platform software (low level and middleware) for EV and Smart Energy Products
· Create test plans and infrastructure to flush out issues utilizing use-case based functional testing, fuzz testing, black and white box testing, and other test methodologies
· Writes tests and role models to junior team members to create proper tests and test documentation
· Test driven development mindset that will drive test hooks into the SW design itself
· Lead for quality and security of the platform SW
· Proficiency in C/C++, low-level computer architecture, Python (or other scripting languages)
· Knowledge of different automation frameworks and CICD pipelines
· A proven record of accomplishment of technically leading test teams, delivering quality software for embedded systems
· Experience with testing Linux, Linux drivers, Docker, Containers, RTOS
· Hands-on experience with on-chip and SW debugging tools and troubleshooting both software and hardware
· Experience with SW quality tooling, creating CICD pipelines, and methods to optimize SW testing activities while not depending on HW resources unless required
· Experience in the field of automotive software testing, Android testing, ARM testing, AUTOSAR, OTA (Over the Air), CAN/Ethernet testing
· BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical engineering or other
· MS preferred
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· New York City, Seattle, California (Non-Bay Area) - $138,000 - $198,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable transportation by creating the most captivating electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. The company’s first car, the Lucid Air, is a state-of-the-art luxury sedan, featuring a California-inspired design underpinned by race-proven technology. Featuring luxurious interior space in a mid-size exterior footprint, the Air will be capable of over 400 miles range and 0-60 mph in under 2.5 seconds. Production of the Lucid Air will begin in the second half of 2021 in Lucid’s new factory in Casa Grande, Arizona.