Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
We are currently looking for an Account Manager to join our UK New Business Team. The role will focus on selling our DDOS, Network, Hybrid Cloud & IT Solutions to enterprise customers.
This is a high impact role, where you will represent the company as you work with new customers to ensure they fully realize the value of the Lumens solutions.
The key requirements are to identify and develop new sales opportunities, provide product solutions, ensure customer satisfaction, and maintain positive ongoing relationships maximizing sales.
Success Planning, value-driving, and creating and expanding new customer relationships will ensure your success in this role. If this sounds like something that excites you, we welcome your application.
• Responsible for identifying essential contacts and target accounts through prospecting
• Responsible for developing sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities by contacting prospective customers by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments in order to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas.
• Developing a territory plan to penetrate essential enterprise accounts
• Ensuring quality of opportunities
• Delivering presentations on account strategy, Network, Hybrid Cloud, benefits of a MSP and the competitive landscape
• Learns and develops further knowledge of new technologies and selling points which includes enhancing expertise in the company's entire product suite.
• Working with marketing to complete outbound campaigns. Drive target contacts to attend marketing events and respond to our campaigns
• Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
• Conduct on-going research to identify new leads - decision makers, contact information, interest and level of urgency
• Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
• Meet and exceed weekly KPI’s and deliver a high quantity of qualified sales opportunities
Ability to work independently but with a team-oriented attitude
Persistence, creativity and goal-oriented with a “hunter” mentality
Passion to build a sales career in technology
Ability to adapt and remain confident and articulate
Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills
Recent and relevant industry sales experience
Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge and understanding of the Security/DDOS, Network, Edge/Cloud Connect and a MSP industry's competitive landscape.
Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills as well as proficiency in selling to the close.
Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Requisition #: 324491
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
Join a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and every voice is heard. A culture where people feel they belong, can be themselves and feel inspired to share different perspectives. Our culture, shared values and behaviours truly make Lumen a fantastic place to work and provides an environment where people can genuinely thrive.
Maternity leave coaching
Backup child care
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
We are a global company of over 40,000 professionals, dedicated to empowering businesses to produce amazing things. Driven by the challenges and opportunities of the 4th Industrial Revolution, we’re helping to change how people interact and how companies acquire, analyze and act on data with flexible, intelligent, secure and collaborative solutions built for the next generation of business.