Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This position will be responsible for the testing of layer 1 and layer 2, implementation of services at layer 1, 2, and occasionally 3, including private line services; Ethernet, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Virtual Private Network (VPN), Dedicated Internet Access (DIA), Voice, Security, Managed Services and Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) suite of products. Responsibilities will also include product and systems knowledge related to the activated services, technical validations, pre-testing, troubleshooting, activation and post activation with customers.
• Complete activations for external customers with little oversight
• Partner with the applicable departments to trouble shoot activations for customers such as Customer Care Manager’s, Account teams and Field Ops
• Troubleshoot post activation issues.
• Excel at processing orders according to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), M&P's, On-Time Performance objectives and quality standards.
• Excel at managing the assigned queue (May be an Automatic Call Distribution (ADC) call queue where assigned) to maintain service level objectives.
• Maintains and supports the network infrastructure.
• Update all systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
• Provides accurate and consistent internal and external customer communication during established intervals using phone, email, and ticketing notes.
• Leverages knowledge to provide support to peers and provides new hire training.
• Organize and complete special projects assigned by Leadership.
• Utilize flexible scheduling to work outside of normal business hours in support of customer requests.
• Provide top level escalation support for Leadership
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders to understand evolving issues and requirements, understand upstream and downstream implications and dependencies, ensuring key solutions are executed and properly coordinated.
• Maintain a commitment to safe practices and holds others equally accountable.
• Complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe with a high degree of quality.
• Efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Assoc degree or equivalent education
• 7+ years related experience in specific area or equivalent.
• May require technical certification.
• Knowledge of Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) Topologies
• Understanding and ability to interpret Circuit Designs
• Understanding of SDWAN
• Intermediate experience with implementation of Circuits: DS1, DS3, Optical, Ethernet, and DWDM
• Intermediate experience with Network Hardware including Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points
• Intermediate experience working with Internet and Private Network Solutions
• Intermediate experience working with Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Equipment or Solutions
• Intermediate experience configuring Customer Provided Equipment (CPE) Routers and Switches
• Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills to lead teams through change.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Operations, Technology or related field
• Certifications on related telecom or networking field. (3 certifications preferred – Cisco Certified Network Associate, Cisco Certified Network Professional, and/or MEF. Juniper or Alcatel)
• Experience in working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity (thinking outside of the box).
• Intermediate knowledge of Open Systems Intercommunication model, working knowledge of TDM, Ethernet, Voice, MPLS, Internet Protocol, DWDM and Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR)
• Intermediate knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM, Frame-Relay and Juniper
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Juno OS, DNS, Radius, UNIX
• Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and troubleshooting
• Intermediate knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 324426
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Maternity leave coaching
Backup child care
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
We are a global company of over 40,000 professionals, dedicated to empowering businesses to produce amazing things. Driven by the challenges and opportunities of the 4th Industrial Revolution, we’re helping to change how people interact and how companies acquire, analyze and act on data with flexible, intelligent, secure and collaborative solutions built for the next generation of business.